Assistant Category Merchant (Multiple Roles/Categories)
Posted Date: Aug-22-2017
Job ID: 8542
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Merchandising
What's cool about this job
Working closely with the Category Merchandising Manager (CMM), the Assistant Category Merchant (ACM) contributes to REI’s success by ensuring the execution and implementation of the department assortment strategies: managing work flow internally through partnering with vendors, planning, replenishment and collaborating with cross-divisional partners. The ACM is responsible for style plan management and integrity. This role partners with Merchandising Data Specialist (MDS) to coordinate product data creation and maintenance.
There are multiple ACM roles open at this time, some full-time and some temporary. Candidates will be in consideration for all open positions.
- Manages workflow and timeline of Merchandising team (includes planning and replenishment) Partners with CMM to manage style plan data and accuracy
- Represents the business on behalf of CMM in their absence
- Collaborates with visual merchandising and digital teams to bring department strategy to life
- Works closely with Sr. CMM Digital to maximize digital selling opportunities
- Coordinates and supports marketing plans and proofing
- Coordinates competitive and other analysis, as needed
- Coordinates vendor and product data implementation with MDS
- Develops and manages tactical vendor partnership
- Resolves x-divisional and vendor operational issues
- Maintains vendor MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) policy information
- Owns sample management
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3 – 5 years merchandising, retail or direct sales experience, or equivalent
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate assortment planning fundamentals (price ladder, competitive set, target customer analysis, etc.)
- Demonstrated confidence presenting in small and large groups
- Ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with vendors and cross-divisional partners
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate department strategies and product initiatives to internal and external audiences
Why you'll love it here
Be on the front lines of REI product offerings!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer