Associate Creative Director - Digital
Posted Date: Apr-12-2017
Job ID: 6826
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
What's cool about this job
At REI we believe that choosing life
outdoors brings out the very best in us, individually and collectively; which
is why each year we give back nearly 70% of our profits to the outdoor
community. The Digital Experience Team (DXT) plays a vital part in
enriching this community. We are creating the strategic digital
experiences that move the needle for the business, inspire and enable
people to get outside, and spark culture-shifting conversations about the
value of time outdoors. Big challenge? Yep. But if you're the right
person for this role, that doesn't scare you. Because you recognize that
being a creative leader at REI is not only an opportunity to do engaging,
exciting work you'll be proud to put in your portfolio - it's a chance to
make a real difference in the world.
The ideal candidate has a proven ability to work cross-functionally to lead innovative solutions and articulate the vision which results in highly impactful, efficient, and quality execution. They promote creativity, innovation, and collaborative partnerships and foster a supportive atmosphere that raises the bar for all individuals under their direction. They model and act in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Excellent ability to communicate strategies and concepts across a large organization. This includes developing systems, technology solutions and giving presentations that leave people with a thorough understanding of marketing strategies, visions, and corporate initiatives. Must have experience presenting to executive management.
- Must have an ability to clearly convey complex ideas in a simple way.
- Must be a passionate and eloquent advocate for the REI brand.
- Must be able to develop and lead creative solutions that meet REI marketing strategic needs and corporate initiatives.
- Must understand all forms of communication and marketing, and to be conversant in the way they are used to build a successful brand and drive sales results. This should be backed up by 5+ years of experience in a marketing communications field, with demonstrated results in the portfolio.
- 7-10 years years Creative Leadership experience
- 2-5+ years experience managing people
- Must have a refined ability to collaborate across all divisional partners, and to broker compromise and consensus without sacrificing the quality of the solution.
- Must be able to develop and maintain budget requirements for support of all marketing strategies and corporate initiatives.
- Must be able to prioritize which efforts will generate the most return, and to direct the organization accordingly.
- Must be able to work toward collective goals while still respecting the contributions of the individual.
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Establishes trust and inspires others.
- Makes effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and
Why you'll love it here
Joining Digital at REI means you get to work with a team of immensely passionate and talented people, who value the mission of our Co-op and strive to deliver excellence and innovation every day. Our mission is to digitally inspire and enable outdoor discovery by driving a holistic customer-centric experience through collaborative ingenuity as we bring to life the 21st century Digital flagship.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer