The Associate Digital Project Manager will contribute to REI’s success by driving the completion of digital projects for REI’s customers, our business, and our brand. This role requires a background in delivering digital projects and the ability to manage the creation and development of a variety of digital assets (web site, mobile apps, etc.). The Associate DPM will lead projects by clarifying scope, incorporating input from UX, Design, Copy and technical resources, and leveraging an understanding of our digital process to guide teams through their work.
Additionally, the Associate DPM will provide project coordination and support for the Digital Project Managers and Senior Digital Project Manager ranging from developing and managing meeting schedules, providing meeting support, facilitating project communication and coordination and troubleshooting problems.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong business acumen, excellent communication skills and the ability to proactively problem-solve, mitigate business risk and assure deliverables meet project timelines.
• Utilize project management best practices to manage multiple, simultaneous, small to medium scale initiatives within Digital Retail.
• Ensure that project management and tracking tools reflect the day-to-day reality of the Production team and projects’ status.
• Advocate for the process and consult in ongoing business process improvement efforts.
• Maintain team standards, tools, and best practices.
• Lead stand-up meetings to go over projects/tasks assigned to the team, determine if there are any roadblocks, and subsequently remove those impediments.
• Ensure clear objectives, requirements and KPIs are delivered by project requestors and understood by the project team.
• Ensure the on-time delivery of high quality, relevant, customer experiences that meet stated business objectives within approved scope and budget parameters.
• Ensure that resources are planned appropriately to support the approved scope of a project.
• Support value-based decision-making. Understand the value and cost of the work we do, and use this to drive decisions.
• Manage partner relationships and set expectations throughout the project; ensuring high levels of team satisfaction.
• Develop a broad set of relationships and collaborate across technical, UX, creative, merchandising, and marketing teams to drive the vision for the associated programs.