Bike and Ski Shop Technical Specialist
Posted Date: Jul-14-2017
Job ID: 8331
Job Type: Part Time
Job Function: Retail Operations
City: Maple Grove
Store: Maple Grove
What's cool about this job
Want to work on building and assembling REI equipment on a daily basis? Awesome, then keep on reading to learn more about our Technical Specialist role. The role of the Technical Specialist has primary responsibility for the assembly of bikes and snow sports equipment to REI and vendor standards delivering exceptional service to customers both in the shop and on the retail floor. Here are the primary responsibilities of our Technical Specialist II position:
- Assembles, maintains and repairs action sports equipment meeting REI and/or/vendor standards
- Assesses customer needs and confirming service and product meets those needs
- Checking in and out shop and rental equipment based on REI standards
- Contributes to sales results by knowing REI products and services, accurately communicating product information and inventory response processes
- Reports significant quality and safety issues to the Master or Certified Technician.
- Assists with maintaining equipment and ensuring a clean, secure and safe work environment
- Support team’s achievement of key goals through individual contribution.
- Promote the benefits of REI Membership
Bring your passion and expertise
You live and breathe REI equipment. You’re a builder. You’re a safety maven. At REI, the Technical Specialist II is a critical role in the retail stores and has primary responsibility for the assembly, repairs, and maintenance of bikes and snow sports equipment to REI and vendor standards and to deliver exceptional service to customers both in the shop and on the retail floor. Customers frequently interact with Technical Specialists to ensure their equipment is properly fitted and maintained for their outdoor adventures. Requirements of the Technical Specialist position include but are not limited to:
- Bike maintenance and repair experience
- Successful completion of the relevant certification required of the level the role, service advisor and any snow sports certifications required based on store assortment and customer need.
- Previous snow sports equipment and/or bike assembly experience or equivalent preferred.
- Interest in working in a team environment committed to providing a superior sales and service experience while increasing sales through service.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Proven ability to maintain open and positive relations with employees and customers.
- Interest in developing own skills and knowledge.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to up to 50 pounds, with assistance
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive benefit package for all employees which includes:
- A workplace built on respect, integrity, and balance
- Healthcare coverage for full-time employees
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- REI Retirement Plan
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer