Business Planner, Digital Retail
Posted Date: Aug-29-2016
Job ID: 4993
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
What's cool about this job
REI is looking for a passionate, highly quantitative and talented business planner to support our fast growing digital retail division. This role will combine strategic thinking with technical aptitude to create budgets and forecasts for key performance measures. This role will regularly assess new business, product, segment and market opportunities. Modeling techniques to assess opportunities and quantify risk will be used frequently to support divisional leadership in the development of strategy. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter with a passion for working across teams in order to combine strategy, data and analytics to identify trends, draw conclusions, and make recommendations. This candidate will also possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills and will routinely develop performance reports and presentations to share with management.
Bring your passion and expertise
• Develop revenue budgets and forecasts to track intra-year performance.
• Apply analytical and modeling techniques that provides insightful views into the division’s operating performance.
• Work closely with cross divisional partners to synthesize information from a variety of sources to support actionable business decisions regarding new business, product and market opportunities.
• Work closely with the analytics teams to develop a deep understanding of performance, opportunities and risks.
• Reconcile tops down with bottoms up planning of key performance measures.
• Use strategy to inform and build 3 year revenue plans for the division.
• Support divisional leadership with analysis to inform strategy.
• Support the digital division with actionable reporting and insightful analysis of business performance.
• Work with cross divisional teams in the development of business planning calendars.
• Build and maintain performance reports
• Advanced knowledge with Excel and SQL. Experience with VBA, Access and Omniture a plus.
• Ability to present complex information in a simplified fashion to facilitate understanding.
• eCommerce experience preferred.
• Familiarity with eCommerce marketing and A/B testing.
• Ability to multi-task and think creatively.
• Ability to work and adjust to changing deadlines.
• 4+ years of related experience preferably in a face paced high growth digital environment for a major retailer.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, statistics; MBA preferred.
Why you'll love it here
Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our 5.5 million members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 19 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer