Call Center Operations Manager
Posted Date: Jun- 6-2017
Job ID: 7923
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Call Center
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by leading and guiding the operations functions for the Contact Center (Sales & Customer Support) focused on effective forecasting and staff planning, budgeting and analytics, maintaining operational performance standards and developing and implementing technology strategies and solutions. Accountable for leading a team of supervisors, analysts and overseeing support functions for the department. Partners with other S&CS Managers to develop 1-3 year business plans supporting the co-op and divisional strategies. Drives efficiency and modernization across the organization using proven process improvement and project management methodologies. Drives sales and operational efficiency while reducing customer friction beyond their direct control by influencing and informing cross-divisional partners and executives on actions and opportunities. Responsibilities include developing, and maintaining analytics for key performance metrics, budgets, and various reporting needs. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Determines contact center operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, benchmarking, capacity planning and cost/benefit analyses.
- Identifies and evaluates emerging technologies; defining business requirements, establishing technical specifications, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; contributing information and analysis to inform organizational strategic plans.
- Supports contact center systems and implements technology projects to deliver better customer and user experiences including voice/data networks, voice response systems, chat/email platform, online self-service tools, computer telephony integration, workforce management, order management
- Maintains and improves contact center operations by monitoring system performance, identifying and resolving problems, preparing and completing appropriate action plans, completing system audits and analyses, managing system, process improvement and quality assurance programs and installing upgrades as needed.
- Drives operational performance to improve customer satisfaction through effective forecasting, staff planning and workforce optimization.
- Supports talent acquisition, employee development and retention utilizing industry and company best practices for recruiting, onboarding, training, and ongoing performance management. Sets clear expectations, providing ongoing coaching and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Leads planning and budget process to ensure all financial objectives are met through effective planning, budget modeling and preparation, staffing and scheduling.
- Responsible for creating and delivering contact enter performance reports; collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data, identifying trends and creating appropriate action plans.
- Maintains equipment by evaluating and installing new hardware as needed, developing preventive maintenance programs, following up on repairs, evaluating and implementing upgrades.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in call center operations management; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 8+ years of contact center leadership experience with an organization that has a strong mission and sales focus.
- 10+ years experience in a contact center, retail environment or relevant experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; covering 24/7 operations
- Ability to understand and communicate variances to operations; which include but are not limited to: finances, operational efficiency, productivity, and/or customer service issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of phone, email, chat, and social media platforms utilized in contact centers
- Continuous improvement mindset with understanding of LEAN Six Sigma practices
- Experience managing and working with internal and external service providers
Why you'll love it here
Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: a life outdoors is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6.5 million active members have amazing outdoor experiences
outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outside—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer