The Merchandising Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for leading, facilitating, managing, and supporting all activities and initiatives of the Merchandising Continuous Improvement (MCI) Team. This position will be focused on driving improvements of the business through more effective business processes, elimination of non-value added or duplicate efforts, waste and other related defects and variation in the business process.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Merchandising Systems and Analysis, MCI Manager will partner with individuals, teams, and executives at all organizational levels to help identify MCI opportunities, drive quality, strategy, continuous improvement, and operational excellence, and serves as subject matter expert for internal and external customers.
• Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
• Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
• Leads the training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
• Develop and maintain a complete working knowledge of Merchandising processes, procedures, and current applications
• Recommends implementation strategies, timelines and resource requirements to achieve business project objectives
• Establishes and maintains visibility within the department of all key projects and initiatives with strong collaboration with other managers within the org and cross divisionally
• Leads a team and manages the work of Merchandising Continuous Improvement Specialists, including hiring, goal setting, training and mentoring, providing performance feedback and coaching.
• Provides a deep and thorough understanding of process improvement and project management concepts, processes and methodologies, including: the Lean Six Sigma, Design for Six Sigma, CMMI, and Statistical Process Control, and the ability to develop and train others in these concepts, processes and methodologies. Must be able to perform hands-on facilitation and be involved in project planning and execution.
• Maintains a holistic view of all business processes and users in the system to understand cross functional impacts with regard to process, workflow and reporting.
• Develops and maintains an overall Process Improvement roadmap to drive customer quality, reduce expenses, and improve efficiencies.
• Develops Executive Dashboards to illustrate cross-functional improvements and measurement against projects’ Key Performance Indicators.