Contract Management Intern
Posted Date: Apr-28-2017
Job ID: 6958
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Finance
What's cool about this job
REI is looking for a Vendor Contracts Intern to contribute to REI’s success by working as part of a cross-functional team and actively participate in day-to-day functions of the Strategic Sourcing department. Throughout the course of your internship experience, you will own and drive a challenging and relevant project to solve real-time business challenges. Under the supervision of your Manager, and as a key member of the Strategic Sourcing department, you will gain insights into the key functions of your team as it relates to REI’s broader strategy and vision.
Project: Assistance in reviewing, organizing, interpreting and uploading indirect vendor contracts into a new contract management module. This role would go through a wide variety of contracts, service orders, statements of work and purchase orders – recording important details into our new contract management system.
This is a critical project for Sourcing Leadership in order to understand the breadth and details of vendor contracts, as well as provide transparency for all of our customers
Job functions include:
- Assistance in reviewing, organizing, interpreting and uploading indirect vendor contracts into a new contract management module
- Collaborating with Strategic Sourcing team members to prioritize contract entry
- Providing weekly progress reports
- Evaluating existing reporting structures and making recommendation for adds, deletes, changes.
REI Introduction and Exposure to:
- Seattle Area
- Challenging and relevant project assignments
- REI retail stores and market competition
- Leadership team members
- Cross-divisional intern activities
Bring your passion and expertise
- Pursuing graduate degree in Law
- Preferred: Paralegal experience
- Ability to work unsupervised, and report progress reports
- Understanding of basic contract terms
- Detail oriented with a passion for finding important facts
- Understanding of basic contract structures; or ability to learn quickly
- Naturally inquisitive nature
- Quickly learn and use contract management module
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors.
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive benefit package for all employees which includes:
- A workplace built on respect, integrity, and balance
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Professional growth and development opportunities
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer