Creative Resource Manager
Posted Date: Feb-16-2017
Job ID: 6461
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
What's cool about this job
If you are passionate about driving creative excellence through matching skills, talent, and capacity to Marketing Communications projects than this role may be the right fit for you! The Creative Resource Manager is an integral partner within the Creative and Shared Services teams and contributes to REI’s success by working with Creative leadership to analyze and evaluate talent to plan creative resourcing needs that ensure project success and creative excellence in a fast-paced, creatively driven environment.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Develop and foster a close relationships with each of the Creative Directors and their teams aiding creative leadership with ongoing resourcing and recruiting needs to build and foster a talented, positive environment where creative can flourish.
- Be accountable for hiring, onboarding and managing all contracted services and freelancers building and maintaining a solid network of trusted and reliable contacts.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the project work across all Marketing communications projects in order to appropriately match the required creative skills and talents to successfully deliver on the business needs
- Partner closely with Client Services Managers to maintain constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects and business development activities as they relate to identifying and resolving resource capacity concerns
- Monitor day to day project activities and resourcing, identifying potential instances of over/underutilization
- Understand emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in creative team building and process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years in a similar creative resource manager role at a creative agency or in-house creative department
- Fluent and knowledgeable of skill sets required across both print and digital platforms including: design, copy, production, photo, video, and film.
- Influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile operational efficiency goals
- Highly organized and accountable, able to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented, deadline-driven environment
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to build and foster strong relationships within and outside of the organization from individual contributors to senior leadership
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive benefit package for all employees which includes:
A workplace built on respect, integrity, and balance
Healthcare coverage for full-time employees
A competitive bonus/ incentive program
REI Retirement Plan
Generous gear and merchandise discount
Paid time off
Professional growth and development opportunities
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 19 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer