Data Scientist - Marketing
Posted Date: Sep-13-2017
Job ID: 7559
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
What's cool about this job
REI is looking for an experienced data scientist to help further develop our attribution acumen. We need to better understand the short and long term value of the ways in which we communicate with people. Ideal candidates for this role would be highly analytical, passionate, and with an ability to articulate the true business impact of the choice we make as marketers. You will be the subject matter expert in developing a multichannel, multi-device attribution methodology. The tools that you create will help REI optimize ROI and grow our retail and digital presence.
- Create analytical attribution models to quantify the return on investment of marketing spend across all of REI’s marketing strategies
- Partner with our technical teams to deliver a scalable long term attribution solution
- Work with marketing groups to define success criteria for marketing campaigns across marketing channels
- Track and analyze attribution research to determine the accuracy and success of attribution strategies
- Act as the subject matter expert on marketing attribution with the ability to articulate results and the value proposition of marketing decisions
- Identify gaps or opportunities in data and metrics. Create solutions to mitigate data availability or business process challenges
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years of related work experience as a data scientist, predictive analyst, statistician, or quantitative analyst
- 2.5+ years of experience of hands on attribution modelling with large data sets being sourced from multiple places (eg. Data Warehouse, 3rd party API’s, cloud resources)
- Full model lifecycle experience from concept, variable selection, model selection, deployment, scoring, through production updates and iteration
- Experience in designing experiments with techniques such as sample selection, power analysis, and results analysis
- Thorough experience with statistical inference with techniques to specify and explain multiple type of generalized linear models especially models considering a hierarchy of variables
- Demonstrated ability to self-educate and learn while doing in a highly complex, ambiguous, and rapidly changing environment
- Hadoop knowledge/Experience, Map Reduce, HBASE/HIVE, Basic Spark
- Strong experience in developing sound analytics-based solutions to business problems
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages and a statistical programming language, Python & R preferred
- Deep experience with SQL and relational data models along with stout visualization (Tableau, D3, etc) and MS (Excel, VBA, etc.) skills
- Excellence in applying analytical and scientific rigor & technical proficiency to the business environment
- The ability to apply statistical analysis to actionable business decisions
Why you'll love it here
Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer