Development Manager, Customer Platforms
Posted Date: Jul-19-2016
Job ID: 4680
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
What's cool about this job
As the Development Manager of Customer Platforms, you’ll lead a dynamic team of software engineers who are focused on developing the foundation for our digital platforms. We are building new application platforms that support our microservice strategy, leveraging technologies like Spring Boot, Docker and other open source frameworks. The teams work on automation capabilities for our e-commerce site where we leverage Continuous Delivery practices to deploy code many times a day. We’re also in the process of automating other areas including our POS and Order Management systems.
You’ll also lead the Site Reliability team for REI.com. This team is responsible for ensuring scalability, performance and resiliency with a goal of empowering our feature teams with the tools to monitor, test and scale their functional areas.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent training and experience.
- 5+ years technology leadership experience
- Experience leading self-organizing agile teams. Ability to combine team empowerment and accountability is critical to success of this position.
- Recent experience with cloud adoption is preferred.
- We embrace continuous delivery and devops principles. Ideally you’ve been a champion of these before.
- Ability to develop department-level strategic plans, business plans and annual budgets.
- Ability to negotiate contracts and agreements with technology product and service vendors.
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 19 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer