The Activity Digital Merchandisers are experts for their activity/categories. By leveraging a highly integrated partnership with the buying team and incorporating learnings from various data sources, the Activity Digital Merchandiser contributes to REI’s success by optimizing the digital customer shopping experience for their activity/category. This role ensures availability of product/content that helps the customer make the right buying decisions for their outdoor experience, as well as the features and functionality that allow for a seamless search and purchase process.
This role is responsible for driving product sales and digital engagement through well researched and collaborative planning, in depth analysis of customer shopping behavior, and execution of product and content features online that create a natural shopping experience to facilitate conversion. This role develops and drives execution of holistic digital strategies for their activity/category that includes support for the enterprise marketing campaign plan, incremental online-only product/category stories, and alignment with key enterprise strategies that are designed to deliver on activity/category goals.
Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
You'll get to:
• Apply knowledge of key eCommerce and merchandising business principles specific to achieving financial goals.
• Define, communicate and drive execution of digital activity/category seasonal plans.
• Partner with Production & Operations team to execute digital presentation of marketing campaigns including recap of performance success and forward looking recommendations to the business
• Execute strategies to achieve sales goals as well as analyze website metrics and optimize merchandising plan to drive sales
• Partner with Merchandising Project Manager and key stakeholders/support groups to drive execution of features and functionality necessary to support your strategic goals.
• Analyze site performance, provide constructive input, and plan the incorporation of technology innovations into site features to enhance purchase conversion
• Develop, communicate and drive execution of annual Digital Activity/Category Merchandising plans.
• Plan, analyze and respond to changing business needs
• Partner with Merchandising colleagues to ensure product strategies are developed and executed that support the digital business.