Director of Business Partners
Posted Date: Jan-23-2017
Job ID: 6294
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Human Resources
What's cool about this job
The Director of Business Partners will serve as the senior business partner leader for our top notch clients at REI’s headquarters, providing strategic and hands-on operational human resources leadership.
In this high profile, high impact leadership position, you will act as a consultant and adviser to senior leadership of assigned areas while ensuring delivery of specific solutions to meet organizational needs. Aligns team to act as strategic business partners to understand business goals, issues and needs, and proactively identify and resolve opportunities impacting team and individual performance. Accountable for implementation and integration of human resource solutions as well as the evaluation of their impact on meeting strategic goals and objectives. Accountable for employment practice discipline including employee relations and risk mitigation for assigned areas. Develops and communicates vision and strategies for team.
- Supports the implementation of company HR programs, procedures, policy and practice
- Motivates, challenges and inspires employees to achieve business objectives.
- Oversees training and development of team members and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of company’s performance management process
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
- Monitors and reports on trends to assist cross-functional partners with delivering strategic Human Resource solutions
Bring your passion and expertise
- B.A. in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Organizational Development, or other related discipline required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 10+ years’ of broad and progressive HR leadership in a fast-paced and agile organization with a continuous learning approach to talent management.
- Minimum 3+ years' at Director level experience required.
- Problem Solver, creative yet pragmatic problem solver who can partner across the organization to drive to execution.
- Analytical Thinking and Decision Making a "conceptualizer" of business strategies and objective who can integrate that thinking into HR strategies.
- Leadership Development have a deep experience with developing talent and bench strength.
- Results Oriented be a driver who possesses the ability to take action and implement effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills a team player and relationship builder who works effectively with others to identify and resolve issues, across functions.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer