Divisional Vice President, Merchandise Planning
Posted Date: Mar-27-2017
Job ID: 7179
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Merchandising
What's cool about this job
At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived!
REI is a trusted retailer of outdoor gear and experiences since the 1938 and is now the nation's largest consumer co-op. Since the beginning, REI has been committed to helping people enjoy the great outdoors to the fullest - from weekend family camping trips to Mt. Everest expeditions – through offering innovative, high-quality outdoor gear, apparel and experiences.
The Divisional Vice President of Merchandising Planning will provide strategic direction to the Planning teams, optimizing financial results, inventory management, business processes, change management and Merchandising business readiness. The Divisional Vice President of Merchandising Planning reports to the VP of Merchandising Planning, Inventory and Solutions and serves as the primary owner of the Planning strategy. This executive will work closely with the DVP of Merchandising Strategy, DVP of Inventory management, Director of Assortment Planning and Co-op Brands leadership to set direction and priorities for the merchandising division that support REI’s corporate priorities and financial performance.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 10+ years of Merchandising Planning experience including management, assortment planning, financial planning, item planning, location planning and analysis.
- 10+ years of progressive corporate management experience with a large multi-channel retailer ($2 billion + revenue) in merchandising, information technology, or retail operations.
- Proven knowledge of retail, manufacturing and distribution processes in a multi-channel retail environment.
- Broad knowledge of Merchandising functions and competencies including strategic, financial, marketing and assortment planning, inventory management strategies, business analytics, process improvement , system methodology and implementation.
- Demonstrated success in leading efforts to maximize space productivity.
- Experience with supply chain management and inventory management systems.
- Ability to manage Directors. Set challenging goals, empower and hold them accountable for results.
- Inspire, motivate and lead a multi-team division of 50+.
- Demonstrated cross-divisional leadership. Builds collaborative relationships that drive division and company strategies.
- Create an environment that allows/promotes innovation, risk taking and experimentation.
- Merchandising system working knowledge and experience: with SAP, Oracle, or other ERP system preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of cost accounting preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, supply chain, analytics, or mathematics preferred.
- Passion and alignment with REI mission, team leadership and culture.
- Passion for the outdoors.
Why you'll love it here
REI is more than just a place to work. It’s a fun, inspired culture where a rare balance is struck between professional duties and personal adventures. Whether you camp, paddle board, climb mountains or simply prefer local parks, the outdoors connects us all. Then factor in REI’s stewardship, dedication to sustainability and contributions to our customers’ loved outdoor spaces and you have a recipe for some passionate employees.
We are not accepting candidates from search firms.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer