Posted Date: Mar- 7-2017
Job ID: 6580
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Outdoor Education
This job contributes to REI’s success by planning and executing operational, logistical and risk management plans for all events and projects under the Events & Brand Experiences team. Reporting to the Director of Events & Brand Experiences, this role identifies and develops new program operational needs, manages budgets, oversees event asset production and lifecycle analysis, leads and develops support staff, oversees event production operations, ROI and other KPI metrics, timelines and planning, ensures operational excellence, negotiates vendor and land management contracts, as well as provides monthly and ad hoc status reports. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
· Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
· Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
· Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
· Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
· Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
· Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
· Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
· Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
· Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer