Posted Date: Feb-21-2017
Job ID: 6659
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Administrative
What's cool about this job
In this role you will be a key
influencer to REI’s success by providing highly complex administrative
assistance for the Vice President of Digital. We are continually evolving and
growing our Digital presence and this person is critical to the daily and
ongoing administrative tasks that support the business initiatives and
objectives. Do you pride yourself in being organized and anticipating next
moves for Executives? Do you love the planning process and can see the
big picture while executing on details? This may be a good fit for you.
- Provides administrative support of a highly complex and responsible nature to the Vice President of Digital.
- Acts as an extension of the executive in the operation of the daily affairs of the executive’s business.
- Responds to internal and external company contacts regarding the executive, the company’s operations, and its financial results as if they were acting in the stead of the executive.
- Reflects the executive’s style and company culture when carrying out activities.
- Schedules meetings, arranges appointments and manages executive’s calendar. Manages requests for an executive’s time and attention to internal and external issues while ensuring executive schedules are met while key issues and matters are effectively addressed.
- Maintains a high level of service even when directing inquiries away from the executive to help better manage their calendar and activities.
- Prepares and researches presentations, emails, announcements and other and correspondence and reflects executive’s style and professionalism when doing so.
- Carries out assignments relating to civic or committee activities of the executive. May at times assist with personal activities as well.
- Coordinates travel, itineraries, meeting space and meeting materials.
- Answers telephone calls, email requests and written correspondence.
- May supervise clerical support staff.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years of administrative and clerical support experience, including previous experience supporting corporate managers and/or executives.
- Experience supporting the Digital space is highly desirable and the affinity for social media tools in the ecommerce space is key to the role.
- Challenge the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
- Ability to operate office equipment including multi-line phone, photocopier, scanner and fax machine.
- Ability to setup Skype (or equivalent tool) calls.
- Ability to draft, proofread and edit documents for spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to operate a personal computer using MS Office, including Outlook calendaring system, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage an executive’s calendar (using Outlook) and make travel arrangements.
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with information of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
Why you'll love it here
Joining Digital at REI means you get to work with a team of immensely passionate and talented people, who value the mission of our Co-op and strive to deliver excellence and innovation every day. Our mission is to digitally inspire and enable outdoor discovery by driving a holistic customer-centric experience through collaborative ingenuity as we bring to life the 21st century Digital flagship.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer