Forecast Analyst - Outdoor Electronics & Sunglasses
Posted Date: Aug-25-2017
Job ID: 8587
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Merchandising
What's cool about this job
The Forecast Analyst contributes to REI’s success by effective analysis, forecasting, acquisition and management of product inventory to meet planned financial goals for sales, turnover, margin and in-stock. You are accountable for maintaining effective business relationships and communications with vendor partners, Merchandising Product and Replenishment teams, and various cross-divisional colleagues.
Bring your passion and expertise
• Minimum 2 years merchandising experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• PC proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, Explorer
• Experience with product inventory analysis, acquisition, allocation and management for multiple stores and direct sales
• Understanding and effective execution of merchandising trend analysis: industry, product, regional, seasonal, fashion, technical
• Understanding and effective execution of merchandising math principles: initial mark-up, gross margin, markdowns, shrink, damages, inventory turnover, open-to-buy
• Familiarity and interest in REI products, activities and services.
• Actively participates and collaborates with others on one’s own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals
• Flexible in one’s viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
• Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions
• Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
• Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
• Executes effectively using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
• Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations
• Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization
• Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals
Why you'll love it here
You'll get to work with vendors who represent some of the top brands in the outdoor industry!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer