IT Asset Manager
Posted Date: May-23-2017
Job ID: 7118
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
What's cool about this job
The IT Asset Manager is accountable for the formal REI IT Asset Management (ITAM) program. This involves building and maintaining an up-to-date, accurate inventory of IT assets through their lifecycle from selection and procurement to retirement and disposal in a single repository. Hardware (PCs, routers, servers, storage, registers, etc.), software (commercial off the shelf and custom), maintenance and warranty, and SaaS/XaaS services are in scope of ITAM for all REI locations.
This role is cross-functional in nature. The IT Asset Manager partners closely with Procurement, Security, Internal Audit, Finance, IT Infrastructure, IT application owners, IT architecture, external vendors and the business user community to ensure assets are properly secured and managed through the asset lifecycle. The IT Asset Manager owns and educates the REI community on proper uses of assets to include the IT Asset Policies and championing of fiduciary responsibilities. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Overall responsibility for analysis, organization, planning, development and administration of the ITAM program for REI.
- Work closely with multiple IT teams and customers to identify and report trends, resolve issues/escalations, implement best practices, and reduce costs.
- Serve as the overall owner for the enterprise ITAM tool (ServiceNow) and manage all enhancement and change requests related to the database, feeds or user interface.
- Implement and manage the production and distribution of ITAM status reporting, metrics and benchmarks for internal operations and customer-facing purposes.
- Maintain accuracy of IT hardware and software assets and identify issues on behalf of IT managers and business stakeholders.
- Drive the budgeting and forecasting processes specific to IT asset procurement and ongoing maintenance with the applicable IT portfolio owners.
- Measure and report on variances to budget for both asset purchases and support and maintenance costs.
- Ensure corporate and legal guidelines are followed for managing IT hardware and software assets and serve as a liaison to the Information Security, Asset Protection and Internal Audit departments on matters pertaining to IT assets.
- Partner with Finance and IT Procurement in development of enterprise-wide technology purchasing standards and procedures
- Manage requests from software vendors for audits or license validation
- Provide data in support of procurement activities to ensure accurate volume purchasing.
- Develop, maintain, communicate and enforce IT Asset Policies.
- Keep abreast of REI IT architecture changes impacting assets and implement new processes or procedures as needed.
- Direct physical inventory audits.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, IT, engineering, business management or a related field
- 5+ years related experience or equivalent industry knowledge.
- ITAM related certification(s)
- Demonstrated experience building an IT Asset Management program
- Demonstrated experience in defining, implementing, and executing the processes within the IT Asset Management Lifecycle
- Prior management experience
- Demonstrated experience with IT Service Management / Asset Management tools
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Experience with configuration management databases
- Experience supporting IT from a business operations perspective
- Knowledgeable in software licensing models
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management
- Strong attention to detail
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer