IT Disaster Recovery and Compliance Lead
Posted Date: May-23-2017
Job ID: 7604
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
What's cool about this job
The Disaster Recovery (DR) Lead is to expand the REI DR Program by establishing governance, DR cadence, and testing methodologies.
- Ensure the recovery of IT infrastructure is fully documented to recover the REI’s infrastructure.
- Establish and maintain the overall plans for executing all DR procedures and understand their interdependencies:
- Work with Architecture to capture and document the HW and other infrastructure resource configurations
- Determine and understand recovery dependencies
- Establish and maintain detailed DR communications and command and control plans.
- Liaison with Business Continuity Manager to ensure Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans are in in synch.
- Confirm and declare disasters and provides key DR information to team (To be decided).
- (Manage) interfaces with change management, problem management, network management, release management, computer operations, Information Security and infrastructure teams, logistics, finance and administration functions coordination with BCP
- Work with the IT technical staff to ensure that disaster recovery solutions are adequate, in place, maintained, and tested as part of the regular operational life cycle.
- Develop, maintain and understand all testing necessary for a successful DR execution.
- Schedule and coordinate disaster recovery rehearsals
- Perform rehearsal postmortems and evaluate the team’s performance during the recovery rehearsal – develop metrics for use in evaluation
- Provide ongoing feedback for risk management, mitigation, and prevention.
- Represent disaster recovery cost requirements in the annual budgeting process.
- Regularly report HA/Disaster Recovery activities to upper management.
- Act as liaison for auditing and examination of disaster recovery processes.
- Help ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Work to ensure compliance with internal policies and standards.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and develop strong liaison relationships with Internal Audit and Information Security Privacy on compliance related activities including but not limited to:
- Scope, interpret, and prioritize vulnerability test results
- Report of vulnerability management status and remediation
- Manage and communicate key compliance milestones for critical systems and complex processes
- Provides assistance on key compliance projects on an as needed basis.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or engineering, or equivalent training and experience.
- 5+ years experience or equivalent industry knowledge.
- 3+ years experience developing and/or supporting disaster recovery programs
- Experience performing disaster recovery tests to ensure the program and plans meets policy and industry best practices
- Knowledge of networking, system administration, application support a plus
- Knowledge of working or managing data centers a plus
- Ability to create executive reports
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer