Security and Risk Management Architect
Posted Date: Sep- 1-2017
Job ID: 6699
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
What's cool about this job
Do you have experience developing a corporate information security strategy? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced retail environment driven by the most advanced IT and business service delivery technologies? If you said yes to each of the questions above, then we have an opportunity for you.
The Security and Risk Management Architect is on our Security and Risk Management team and is a critical role redesigning security strategy to protect and defend the co-op and our members.
As the Security and Risk Management Architect, you’ll be accountable for ensuring REI’s IT systems and data are designed and implemented with the highest data security and privacy standards.
This role partners closely with portfolio planning teams and is a critical architecture role, part of REI’s Architecture and Information Security communities.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or a related field or commensurate experience in Security Architecture
- Relevant IT architecture, information security or cloud security certifications are strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of IT, Information Security or business delivery frameworks, such as ISO 27001/27002, NIST Cybersecurity Framework 3.1 & 3.2, ITIL, PCI-DSS and COBIT
- Knowledge of Networking, Virtualization, Storage and Cloud Technologies including but not limited to secure implementation of: local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), wireless networks (Wi-Fi), switches, routers, firewalls, wireless access points and related security and network devices; Hypervisors, VMs and VDIs; Storage Area Networks (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), CIFS, SMB and relevant security and replication technologies.
- Excellent understanding of cloud security and experience with design and/or implementation of applications in the cloud; Understanding of cloud deployment models: Private Cloud, Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud; Cloud service models: Infrastructure as a service (IaaS), Platform as a service (PaaS) and Software as a service (SaaS); implementation of relevant controls to ensure Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of REI data.
- Extensive knowledge of technical security controls and technologies (e.g. IDS, IPS, traditional, NextGen and Web Application Firewalls; Data Loss Prevention; Antivirus, Anti-malware and Zero Day technologies; Security Information and Event Management (SIEM); Access and Identify Management and Privileged User Management; Public Key Infrastructure and Certificate management).
- Security concepts related to threat modeling, authorization and authentication, and security lifecycle methods/frameworks (e.g. Microsoft SDL and BSIMM) with specific knowledge for securing PCI and PII data
- Ability to build solution architecture models using UML
- Minimum of 10 years developing real world scaled solutions with knowledge of full application development lifecycle (SDLC) and methodologies; waterfall, agile and hybrid
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer