IT Systems Engineer (Linux DevOps)
Posted Date: Jul-12-2017
Job ID: 7918
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
What's cool about this job
At REI our core mission is to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship. Contribute to REI’s success in inspiring and educating by helping people discover and participate in a culture of loving to be outside! Come design, build and support the next generation IT Infrastructure services that will power REI’s IT systems.
We are looking for an experienced IT Infrastructure Linux Systems Engineer with experience with both On-Prem and AWS Cloud Infrastructures. You will be part of a skilled team accountable for Systems design, lifecycle and capacity management, administration, automation, maintenance, project and tier III support.
The ideal candidate is a highly collaborative, result driven IT professional with proven experience supporting mission critical IT Systems.
- Design, build and provide tier 3 support for REI’s Enterprise IT Infrastructure located in company hosted data centers as well as AWS Cloud based Infrastructure
- Work closely with IT Infrastructure, Architecture and Development teams to engineer robust, scalable, reliable, and resilient IT systems
- Build and maintain bare-metal, virtual machines and containers with the appropriate distribution of Linux, using tools that include Satellite Server and Puppet
- Develop automation of Infrastructure build, configuration and deployment tasks
- Ensure robust monitoring for system health, incident identification, capacity trends, and anomaly detection
- Create system and support documentation and share knowledge with team members
- Ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure quality and availability
- Consistently meet and exceed expectations and incorporate customer service into all aspects of your work
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Engineering, or equivalent IT work experience
- 3+ years Linux Red Hat administration
- AWS Cloud Infrastructure
- Docker Containers and VMware technologies
- One or more of the following tools: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, VMware vRealize
- One or more scripting technologies PowerShell, Shell, Python, Ruby, Bash, Perl
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be apart of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer