Lead Architect – Retail and Payments
Posted Date: Apr-22-2016
Job ID: 3955
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
What's cool about this job
As the Lead Architect of Retail and Payments Systems, you'll be a senior member on the Retail and Payments team ensuring high architecture quality across a broad set of software applications as well as ensuring business performance targets are achieved through the contribution of the underlying systems architecture. Lead Architects partner closely with portfolio planning teams to shape solution architectures during the demand management/intake processes and take a leadership role for our Solution Architects who are responsible for delivering solutions defined by the Lead Architect. This is a critical architecture role in REI’s Retail Technology team and part of REI’s Architecture community.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Responsible for the overall architecture roadmap for Retail and Payments for REI
- Responsible for the overall solution Retail and Payment Systems quality: security, performance, flexibility, availability, compliance, etc.
- Retail and/or Payments industry experience (highly valued)
- Responsible for architecture deliverables such as; non-functional requirements, system diagrams, data models, and traceability matrix to track and monitor the solution from requirements to design to implementation to test cases
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of hands on working experience on .Net and/or Java technology stack.
- Experience with Cloud Technology like AWS, Azure a plus.
- Experience working with any of the Servlet containers or Enterprise containers like Tomcat, BEA WebLogic, IBM WebSphere Windows Server (.NET Framework) or JBOSS. Should have knowledge in using any of the mentioned servers like deployment, configuring & troubleshooting
- Ability to design SaaS solutions that scale and perform with rock solid reliability, ability to identify and build-in key application monitoring hooks to allow for optimal management of the solution.
- Must be capable of providing technical leadership for solutions architects, understands how to leverage and enhance their current skills
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills including collaboration, facilitation and negotiation.
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 19 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer