Manager, Digital Insights & Optimization
Posted Date: May-18-2017
Job ID: 7545
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
What's cool about this job
Here at the Co-op we believe that a life outdoors is a life well lived. We’re looking for a manager to lead our Digital Analytics and Optimization team and to help us develop a profound understanding of our customer’s journey in preparing for and enjoying that life.
If you’re a curious and data savvy manager who understands how data is a language through which people tell you what they want, and variance is just a cool way of understanding that people have different needs, then we’d love to chat with you. We are seeking a detail oriented yet creative mind who works collaboratively and effectively in a high-performance environment. This is an important role right at the center of decision making. We’re seeking someone who is able to set a strategic roadmap and work cross divisionally. Someone who can identify the analytic and optimization testing needs that will best support a wide variety of stakeholders from merchandising to site production to answer their business decisions, inform strategy and drive growth and profitability.
You need to be comfortable wearing many hats from overseeing test design creation, analysis storytelling and dashboard composition to developing business cases, workflow prioritization and product performance evaluation to vendor relations, tool requirements and implementation. And lastly, but definitely not least, you must be devoted to mentoring your team in their career development.
Bring your passion and expertise
Leading the Way
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
- Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
- Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
Your Planning & Navigating Requirements
- Leads the Digital Analytics and Optimization team in support of the Digital Division. Provides analytical support to Digital, such as Key Performance Indicators (KPI), dashboard reporting and analysis of online programs and initiatives.
- Partners with the key business stakeholders to understand their business problems and identify solutions and requirements to resolve these problems.
- Leads the development, execution, and analysis of testing on REI’s digital properties. Leads creation and execution of the digital analytics and testing strategy.
- Responsible for partnering cross divisionally to ensure that data integrity is maintained by creating and supporting processes that align with this goal.
- Develops staff and provides leadership and management to staff members.
- Leads roadmap and prioritization of Adobe Analytics and Target.
Bring your passion and expertise
- BA/BS Degree in a quantitative field, business, psychology or marketing-related major required, MBA preferred
- Expert with data analysis software, data query, and data visualization/ communication
- 5-8 years of experience with web-based analytical tools (Adobe Analytics preferred)
- 1-3 years with visualization programs (Tableau preferred)
- 1-3 years of experience of extraction and manipulation (e.g. SQL) of both structured and unstructured data
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis and other modeling techniques (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R); direct hands on experience strongly preferred.
- Expert with research design and site optimization and targeting software.
- 3-5 years of experience using a robust testing platform across e-commerce sites (Adobe Target preferred).
- Minimum 3-5 years of staff supervision, with proven ability to mentor, train and lead – strong emphasis on change management abilities.
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Establishes trust and inspires others
- Makes effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics.
- Delivers on commitments and holds others to same.
- Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest.
- Effectively plans and executes changes.
- Strong strategic and curious problem solver with excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Experience managing a web analytics tool and vendor relationships (preferably Adobe)
Why you'll love it here
Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6 active million members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer