Leading the Way
• Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
• Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
• Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
• Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
• Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
• Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
• Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
• Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
• Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
Your Planning & Navigating Requirements
• Leads the Digital Analytics and Optimization team in support of the Digital Division. Provides analytical support to Digital, such as Key Performance Indicators (KPI), dashboard reporting and analysis of online programs and initiatives.
• Partners with the key business stakeholders to understand their business problems and identify solutions and requirements to resolve these problems.
• Leads the development, execution, and analysis of testing on REI’s digital properties. Leads creation and execution of the digital analytics and testing strategy.
• Responsible for partnering cross divisionally to ensure that data integrity is maintained by creating and supporting processes that align with this goal.
• Develops staff and provides leadership and management to staff members.
• Leads roadmap and prioritization of Adobe Analytics and Target.
Bring your passion and expertise
BA/BS Degree in a quantitative field, business, psychology or marketing-related major required, MBA preferred
Expert with data analysis software, data query, and data visualization/ communication
5-8 years of experience with web-based analytical tools (Adobe Analytics preferred)
1-3 years with visualization programs (Tableau preferred)
1-3 years of experience of extraction and manipulation (e.g. SQL) of both structured and unstructured data
Strong understanding of statistical analysis and other modeling techniques (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R); direct hands on experience strongly preferred.
Expert with research design and site optimization and targeting software.
3-5 years of experience using a robust testing platform across e-commerce sites (Adobe Target preferred).
Minimum 3-5 years of staff supervision, with proven ability to mentor, train and lead – strong emphasis on change management abilities.
Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
Establishes trust and inspires others
Makes effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics.
Delivers on commitments and holds others to same.
Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest.
Effectively plans and executes changes.
Strong strategic and curious problem solver with excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
Experience managing a web analytics tool and vendor relationships (preferably Adobe)