Server and Automation Manager
Posted Date: Feb-27-2017
Job ID: 6663
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
What's cool about this job
As the Server and Automation Manager, you’ll contribute to REI success by helping to deliver standardized, highly automated, on-demand infrastructure services to business and technology teams. You’ll further develop and manage a team of technology experts in Virtualization; infrastructure automation, provisioning, and orchestration; Windows server Operating System configuration management and security hardening; Active Directory and DNS services. You’ll support your clients by providing Tier 3 operational support for production systems as needed.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years of progressive management experience leading highly technical teams, developing and managing standards, and driving automated solution delivery practices.
- Strong experience in development/automation with an emphasis on infrastructure services, including but not limited to: automation scripting, workflow and orchestration, SDLC practices and processes.
- Previous exposure to VMware virtualization and cloud infrastructure is required.
- Previous exposure to VMware server virtualization, Active Directory, Windows Server is required.
- Prior experience with Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, Linux, and containerization technologies is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or business administration, or equivalent training and experience.
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer