Manager, Loyalty Marketing
Posted Date: Jan-31-2017
Job ID: 6218
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
What's cool about this job
The Manager, Loyalty Marketing role is to enable meaningful deepening of our relationship with our members and cardholders. You will lead the strategic development, testing and optimization of our lifecycle marketing programs: Conversion and early engagement in the member tenure, build loyalty and win back lapse members
- Understand our lifecycles for key segments, develop a marketing strategy on how to acquire, engage, retain, and win back these customers
- Leverage data to understand the member/cardholder conversion and engagement funnel; use data to design marketing campaigns to influence the success metrics)
- Work with Membership and Cobrand Managers to set growth, engagement and retention targets for each program and create annual marketing strategy to meet them
- Manage a team of program managers who execute and continuously optimize the programs.
- Leverage data-driven insights to enable optimal marketing communications to different customers at the right time with the right message
- Establishing comprehensive success measures and KPIs for projects
Bring your passion and expertise
6+ years marketing/loyalty marketing experience
2+ years managing direct reports
BA or BS degree required, MBA degree in marketing or related field
Experienced in lifecycle marketing strategy and execution
Demonstrated success planning and executing innovative marketing programs and activities
Ability to use data to drive decision making and turn it into actionable initiatives (including both quantitative and qualitative data)
Why you'll love it here
Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our 5.5 million members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer