Manager, Omni-Channel Strategy
Posted Date: Mar-27-2017
Job ID: 6905
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Supply Chain / Logistics
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by supporting commerce operations for initiatives related to the integration of our digital and physical retail lines of business. Responsibilities include the development and integration of omni-channel transactional and fulfillment capabilities from our members and customers. Leading the creation and development of models that evaluate the customer relevance of the transactional and fulfillment experiences; which will inform the development and deployment of the omni-channel roadmap. The Manager of Omni-Channel strategy will work closely with Supply Chain and cross divisional leaders to support analysis and optimization of the digital customer experience, to include but not limited to: returns experiences, remote order fulfillment experiences, and integration of commerce/order management with experiential aspects of our business. This position will be working in environments with a lot of ambiguity while working with others to develop solutions and processes where none existed previously. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
- Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
- Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
- Leads the development of models that allow for analysis of which customer segments are participating in different transaction/fulfillment types (POS, BOPUS, Returns, DTC).
- Develops a roadmap for transactional capability development aligned to greatest customer impact.
- Supports analysis and process improvement efforts around returns.
- Supports integration of new fulfillment capabilities (lockers, autonomous vehicles, etc.) into existing solutions.
- Supports integration of order management and digital commerce with experiential aspects of our business.
- Collaborates cross-divisionally effectively to ensure long-term viability of solutions
- Encourages an open and creative feedback process to increase Omni-Channel potential
- Inspires others to lend discretionary efforts toward Omni-Channel development
- Creates and communicates bold ideas, backed with solid data, and evaluates developing market capabilities from an REI customer perspective
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years’ experience supporting omni-channel fulfillment capabilities in a retail environment, including Direct to Consumer ecommerce, Buy Online/Pickup in Store programs, same day delivery programs, and returns management.
- 5+ years’ experience leading others in a dynamic and ambiguous work environment.
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools.
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills.
- Experience with SQL or equivalent database queries, a strong understanding of data structure.
- Lean Six Sigma experience is preferred
- Proven project management skills, able to successfully manage the needs of a diverse set of stakeholders. Able to meet multiple simultaneous deadlines with minimal assistance.
- Effective enterprise navigational skills and ability to foster cross divisional alignment and support for omni-channel programs
Why you'll love it here
Be part of a growing and exciting team!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer