Manager, Paid Search
Posted Date: May-26-2016
Job ID: 3945
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
What's cool about this job
This position contributes to REI’s success by driving brand awareness, traffic, and sales through the management of REI’s paid search program. This role works with cross-divisional partners to deliver an integrated, cross-channel customer experience. Responsibilities include management of paid search program managers and development of the paid search strategy as it relates to REI’s overall digital marketing strategy. Responsibilities also include management of program budget, optimization/analysis, communication, partner/vendor relationships, program calendar, execution processes and resources. Team leadership, people management, coaching and development are an integral part of the role.
This job is critical to REI’s overall digital marketing strategy. The position reports to the Senior Manager, Internet Marketing and aligns with REI’s strategic growth in the areas of customer acquisition, retention, membership, and sales.
You'll get to:
• Identify and communicate key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
• Support the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
• Challenge, motivate, and inspire employees to achieve business results.
• Ensure employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
• Oversee training and development of employees and makes effective staffing decisions.
• Conduct and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
• Provide coaching, direction and leadership to employees in order to achieve program, department, and company results, directly impacting the customer.
• Establish and maintain visibility within the department.
• Monitor program performance, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
• Lead development and effectively communicate strategies that support REI’s sales goals through the paid search program.
• Lead and manage daily analytics, optimization and implementation of paid search program to achieve successful execution.
• Communicate program results, making strategic adjustments to program based on results and in accordance with REI's sales plans.
• Manage allocation of budget to program, tools, consulting, and other areas. Manage invoicing, billing, accruals and fraud detection processes.
• Manage and evolve relationships with REI’s online marketing vendors and partners such as Google, Yahoo, and Marin Software.
• Employ a rigorous test and measurement program that drives innovation.
• Develop and maintain infrastructure that supports the evolution of program and business needs.
• Facilitate empowerment and growth of direct reports. Own performance management & progress reviews. Own coaching, development and regular feedback.
• Works with other advertising programs such as direct marketing, mass media and social media to design integrated campaigns that differentiate REI and engage consumers; driving brand awareness, traffic and sales performance.
• Lead collaboration with cross-divisional teams to develop campaign support of paid search strategies and tactical implementation.
• Discover new online marketing opportunities, screen and identify potential partnership opportunities, and provide recommendations for such partnerships.
Bring your passion and expertise
• 5+ years experience in paid search/search marketing experience.
• 2+ years direct supervisory experience required within the context of current e-business models.
• Experience managing external tools, vendors, partners, and relationships (e.g. Google, Yahoo, Marin Software, Kenshoo)
• 2+ years marketing analysis experience. A solid understanding of web metrics, online media test methodology, and optimization strategies.
• Experience managing a large budget (>$3M) across multiple media and vendor outlets. Comfort in making decisions within this budget and impact context.
• Experience developing marketing plans and strategies.
• Experience in process management, and working with technical teams on toolset/feature development.
• Experience working with content & creative teams including design, web production, and copywriting teams.
• BA in Business, Marketing or related field preferred.
• Proven track record developing program plans that meet/exceed goals and managing program budgets.
• Ability to assess important market requirements and opportunities and identify competitive opportunities.
• Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
• Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
• Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
• Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
• Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
• Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
• Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
• Creates a strong mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
• Establishes trust and inspire others.
• Makes effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics.
• Delivers on commitments and hold others to same.
• Champions the team and advocates solutions in the overall company's best interest.
Why you'll love it here
Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our 5.5 million members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 19 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer