Contribute to REI’s brand marketing efforts by managing the strategy, roadmap and operations for REI’s emerging online publication —the Co-op Journal—on the editorial team in marketing. You will be at the forefront of branded content at the nation’s largest consumer cooperative and champion the best interest of our members. You will work collaboratively with creatives, writers, designers and developers inside and outside the organization to bring the editorial strategy to life. You will exercise your ability to manage and operationalize a team of associate editors, producers and copywriters to deliver the best stories possible.
You will oversee editorial content integration in channels and campaigns. You will work with channel marketing managers, strategists, creative director and art directors to align on what stories support shared interests and collaborate on how they should go to market. You will evaluate new models for how editorial content reaches consumers and oversee the creation of innovative new forms of content to carpe diem.
You are on the action team for reactive communications to cultural issues and current events. You model and act in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
• Drive the Co-op Journal editorial strategy across production and distribution.
• Oversee operations and alignment with partners, including editorial meetings and executive content reviews.
• Partner with associate editors to Identify seasonal stories and evaluate pitches from a broad network of creatives.
• Work with associate editors and developers on feature enhancements roadmap.
• Develop and manage program resources such as vendors, partners, and agencies.
• Partner with the paid media team and external publishers on paid content programs and co-development of content.
• Develop excellent partnerships with peers in social, local, paid, email and direct marketing to ensure content meets channel expectations and best practices.
• Work with campaign strategists, creative directors and art directors on editorial support for campaign concepts and tactics
• Manage the program budget, including allocation to creative resource and vendors.
• Work directly with the managing editor to ensure the editorial program is working toward meeting business strategy.
• Oversee program reporting and champion a culture of data-driven decisions.