Manager, UX/UI Designer
Posted Date: Apr-11-2017
Job ID: 6973
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by participating in and elevating REI’s digital design strategy and helping to drive interactions based on both business and brand needs. You have a proven ability to effectively communicate a variety of messages and interactions by expertly utilizing imagery, typography, data, usability and motion to tell compelling stories while operating in a collaborative environment with multiple partners and stakeholders. You must be able to adhere to brand guidelines and deliver successful and engaging site experiences. The ideal candidate has a proven record of delivering integrated brand communications on both desktop and mobile breakpoints and has a deep understanding of responsive environments. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
Bring your passion and expertise
Joining Digital Retail at REI means you get to work with a team of immensely passionate and talented people, who value the mission of our Co-op and strive to deliver excellence and innovation every day. Our mission is to digitally inspire and enable outdoor discovery by driving a holistic customer-centric experience through collaborative ingenuity as we bring to life the 21st century Digital flagship.
Do you have some of these skills too; then even better!
- 3+ years in digital interaction design or closely-related field.
- Strong knowledge of related disciplines such as user experience and brand communications
- Strong visual storytelling skills.
- Previous digital marketing/campaign work a plus
- Extensive experience with Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Understanding of user-centered design methods and techniques.
- Understanding of responsive design.
- Previous Mobile design experience.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams to promote open communication and teamwork.
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
Plus, you can do the following cool stuff:
- Previous eCommerce design experience preferred.
- Degree preferred in related discipline: interaction or interface design, human-computer interaction, user centered design (or equivalent).
- Develop intriguing interactive campaign experiences that support and bring to life an Omni-channel experience for our customers.
- Effectively communicate your ideas and concepts to various partners.
- Partner closely with multiple cross-divisional partners
- Develop, define and recommends interaction design elements for REI websites and mobile devices.
- Works closely with Brand Creative, User Experience, Development, Program Management and other teams to develop user-centered experiences, features, and interactions
- Ensures maintenance of a cohesive customer experience as it evolves by contributing to a user interface style guide and pattern library.
- Observes and analyzes website and mobile use and creates positive user experiences based on quantitative and qualitative customer behavior and feedback
- Participates in the vision, strategy, and execution of an interaction design that is aligned with brand, marketing and business objectives.
- Provides innovative, customer centric, information and interaction design recommendations that contribute to an enhanced user experience.
Why you'll love it here
Join a passionate community
of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life
well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific
Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our 5.5 million members have
amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your
creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we
can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer