Posted Date: Jun-30-2017
Job ID: 7561
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
This position also conducts specific analytics related to customer purchasing, lifecycle, and engagement behavior. As a member of the marketing analytics team, this position will be responsible for contributing to an environment of fact-based decision making, utilizing REI’s extensive supply of customer, campaign, site, and marketing channel data. This combination of sophisticated analytics with key reporting enables the Senior Marketing Analyst to contribute to the bottom line success of REI as a co-op.
• Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate reporting of marketing campaigns, including creation of detailed technical specifications containing relevant information such as versioning, testing, and back-end instructions.
• Curate data sets to enable self-service BI within other marketing groups
• Partner with statisticians and data scientists to make fact based decisions on marketing programs to increase profitability, retention, and engagement.
• Work closely with Senior Statistical Analyst to give input on personalized marketing model development and improving model performance.
• Provide accurate and timely reporting of campaign performance to workgroup and cross-divisional teams.
• Perform ad-hoc analytics related to customer purchasing, engagement, and marketing attribution as needed
• Act as subject matter expert on REI’s data warehouse. Perform system and data testing as necessary.
• Identify strategic opportunities to maximize returns in pursuit of REI’s financial and brand goals
• Utilize SQL and other enterprise tools to execute customer segmentation strategies aimed at increasing customer acquisition, retention, and reactivation as well as report and analyze campaign performance
• Provide analytics support for forecasting business trends and guidance on risks to plans
• BS or MS/MBA in Analytics, Marketing, Statistics, or equivalent work experience
• 2-4 years’ experience in a CRM or analytics environment. Experience in retail or ecommerce is a plus
• Strong mathematical / analytical proficiency
• Passionate about data and discovering new trends and insights across customers, merchandise, and customer engagement
• Deep SQL experience and strong ability to comprehend data-warehouse structure, Netezza experience is a plus
• Familiarity with econometrics and other advanced statistical concepts, including application of regression-based modeling, is a plus
• Report development and Business Intelligence application experience
• Self-disciplined and motivated in a marketing environment that requires creativity and strong attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and work multiple concurrent requests from different business teams
• Tableau desktop and server experience is highly desired
• Excellent communication skills and ability to quickly and effectively communicate complex quantitative results to internal stakeholders
• Experience with R or Python is preferred
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer