Office Specialist - Hingham
Posted Date: May-23-2017
Job ID: 7834
Job Type: Part Time
Job Function: Administrative
What's cool about this job
The Office Specialist plays a critical partnership with the Administrative Specialist and store management where you will find supportive leadership, a committed staff and an engaging work culture. The role of the Office Specialist is to assist the store Administrative Specialist and Management Team in daily clerical and administrative duties related to: Banking, Frontline support, Office support, Records, Store Communications. Here are some daily duties for the Office Specialist:
- Conducts daily banking responsibilities
- Communicates effectively with AHQ Sales Audit via phone and e-mail.
- Provides feedback on balancing and procedures to Frontline (Cashier/CS) employees. Notifies management of any questionable discrepancies.
- Coordinates and conducts daily membership entry and updates
- Assists with employee records and time keeping
- Prints and routes/posts reports in a timely manner
- Organizes and cleans office
- Trains Operations Staff as needed
Bring your passion and expertise
Are you a rock-star organizer and love jumping in to solve any problem that arises? Great news! These are the qualities we look for in our Office Specialists. Here are some additional skills that we think make for a great Office Specialist:
- A detail orientation in performing accurate transactions and in following REI policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively and cooperate with others
- Uses effective work methods and consistently meets commitments
- Employs sound judgment and decision making skills
- Effective communication skills-- clear, concise, and positive
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive benefit package for all employees which includes:
- A workplace built on respect, integrity, and balance
- Healthcare coverage for full-time employees
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- REI Retirement Plan
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer