P2P Buyer 1
Posted Date: Aug- 4-2017
Job ID: 8469
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Finance
What's cool about this job
The Buyer I contributes to REI’s success by procuring indirect (non-merchandise) goods and services, including issuing purchase orders, expediting and tracking deliveries, order follow up, vendor identification and set up, catalog maintenance and administration, obtaining pricing and identifying and implementing cost savings opportunities. This position will leverage best practice procurement procedures and REI’s Ariba procurement solution extensively as part of their daily activities. The Buyer I identifies and resolves discrepant PO and invoice issues to ensure timely delivery of goods and services to internal customer and timely payment to vendors. Additionally, this role provides assistance and escalates more complicated issues to senior level Procurement and Accounts Payable staff in support of department tasks or goals as requested. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, Finance or Procure-to-Pay Operations, preferably for a mid to large-size retailer
- Intermediate or advanced skills in one or more procure-to-pay software solutions; demonstrated experience leveraging SAP or Ariba for procurement highly desirable
- Ability to leverage analytical and collaboration competencies to review and reconcile invoices and purchases orders, handling exceptions efficiently and effectively
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Intermediate or advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with procure-to-pay operations processes, and familiarity with the relationship with the finance & accounting impacts of procurement activities
- Demonstrated experience maximizing benefits of Procure-to-Pay (P2P) software for business users, Procurement Operations and Accounts Payable team members. Passion for skillfully educating and guiding users through procurement transactions
- Familiarity with vendor management, source selection processes and sourcing/bidding concepts
- Experience at identifying and capturing cost savings opportunities
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with demonstrated ability to prioritize work items appropriately; superb attention to detail
- Strong quantitative skills; analytical and process-improvement mindset in approaching business challenges
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- Passionate commitment to customer service, demonstrated consistently and appropriately when interacting with business partners, suppliers, and colleagues
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6.5 million actuve members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer