Seasonal Contact Center Representative - Holiday 2017
Posted Date: Aug-11-2017
Job ID: 8474
Job Type: Part Time
Job Function: Call Center
What's cool about this job
Do you want to share your love of the outdoors and provide guidance, knowledge and authentic experiences to REI members and customers? Do you believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived? Join our Contact Center team as a Contact Center Representative and help our co-op create and maintain relationships with like-minded customers! REI Contact Center Representatives are the eyes and ears of our customers and members. This job will require multi-tasking, working with customers while using a computer to assist in research and resolution.Contact Center Representatives handle inbound customer contacts via phone and handle basic service calls supporting REI members and customers. Individuals in this position will work collaboratively with their peers and teammates at REI using strong written and verbal communication skills.
Our contact center team requires our part-time teammates to have a recurring availability of at least 2 weekdays and 1 weekend day. Additionally, our team requires all teammates to attend an orientation, sales and service training. We offer 4 different options for training. Please see below for mandatory training dates; candidates will be assigned to one class and must attend all training sessions in their assigned class.
Class 1 Training Dates:
- 9/28/17: Orientation, 10:00am - 3:00pm
- 10/2/17 - 10/6/17: Training Week #1, 7:00am - 1:00pm
- 10/9/17 - 10/13/17: Training Week #2, 7:00am - 1:00pm
- 10/16/17 - 10/18-17: Training Week #3, 7:00am - 12:30pm
Class 2 Training Dates:
- 9/29/17: Orientation, 10:00am - 3:00pm
- 10/2/17: Training Week #1, 2:00pm - 8:00pm
- 10/9/17 - 10/13/17: Training Week #2, 2:00pm - 8:00pm
- 10/16/17 - 10/18/17: Training Week #3, 2:00pm - 7:30pm
Class 3 Training Dates:
- 10/19/17: Orientation, 10:00am - 3:00pm
- 10/22/17 - 10/27/17: Training Week #1, 7:00am - 1:00pm
- 10/30/17 - 11/3/17: Training Week #2, 7:00am - 1:00pm
- 11/6/17 - 11/8/17: Training Week #3, 7:00am - 12:30pm
Class 4 Training Dates:
- 10/20/17: Orientation, 10:00am - 3:00pm
- 10/23/17 - 10/27/17: Training Week #1, 2:00pm - 8:00pm
- 10/30/17 - 11/3/17: Training Week #2, 2:00pm - 8:00pm
- 11/6/17 - 11/8/17: Training Week #3, 2:00pm - 7:30pm
Bring your passion and expertise
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for problem solving and the ability to apply service and sales skills to enhance the customer/member relationship by demonstrating empathy when resolving difficult customer situation utilizing de-escalation skills, critical thinking, creativity and problem solving skills to provide a positive resolution. The ability to navigate through various technology software to research and accurately resolve service situations is critical to the success of this position.
Here are the skills we are looking for in our Contact Center Representatives:
- Previous retail and/or customer service experience
- Strong familiarity with computer software and programs – which includes, but not limited to chat and email software/ programs.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task using a computer, and ability to navigate through multiple screens
- Schedule flexibility to meet business needs including weekends & peak sales periods
- Ability to meet or exceed attendance requirements, providing reliable and predictable attendance
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately verbally and in writing
- Able to respond to customers over the phone, taking phone calls through-out their shift, up to 10 hours a day
- Has a passion for the outdoors, REI product and gear and applies knowledge in a manner that best serves REI members and customers
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive benefit package for all employees which includes:
- A workplace built on respect, integrity, and balance
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Professional growth and development opportunities
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer