Procure-to-Pay Operations Lead
Posted Date: Mar-30-2017
Job ID: 6647
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Finance
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s (the “Co-Op”) success by planning, scheduling, and leading the work of the Procure-to-Pay (P2P) team within the established accounting policies and procedures of the Company. Ensures the transmission of data between SAP, Ariba, Concur and other P2P systems is accurate and timely which enables the generation of the REI monthly and yearly financial statements. Serves as one of the system administrator’s for P2Psystems ensuring controls are in place. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Leads P2P department processes for both merchandise and operating expense payables, receivables, and procurement activity.
- Serves as the principal subject matter resource for internal and external auditors; provides supporting documentation, reports, and schedules.
- Reviews, revises and updates P2P policies and procedures to meet the current business environment.
- Serves as subject matter expert for P2P systems, maintaining updates and system functionality to ensure efficiency.
- Oversees the preparation, maintenance, and archiving of the annual 1099 information returns. Ensures deadlines are met.
- Reviews expenses to ensure they are in compliance with the Chart of Authority, Travel & Expense Policy, Multi-card Policy, and other Company P2P policies.
- Leads P2P staff in managing all vendor relationships to ensure a constant flow of goods and services to the Company. Resolves escalated internal and external customer service issues.
- Effectively manages workload to meet established deadlines.
- Maintains awareness of all activities and issues that could impact daily operations and service levels; recommends and implements workflow improvements.
- Ensures department communication documents, letters, online resources and procedure manuals are current.
- Maintains Company and employee confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Oversees training and development of employees as needed and assists in making effective staffing decisions.
- Provides input, performance feedback and metrics to the department Manager in support of the completion of annual performance reviews.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
- Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
- Responsible for identifying process improvements and new approaches to processes.
- Participates in or leads special projects to enhance P2P technology or resolve issues that span the P2P footprint
- Supports supplier onboarding and enablement activity and system efforts within SAP, Ariba and Concur ensuring that data integrity for both transactional and master data in procure-to-pay software is maintained
- Serves as a liaison for external auditors. Assists external auditors by providing requested information/documentation of system or financial data during audit review as required.
- Directs P2P month end close.
- Reviews and oversees the tracking and monitoring of aging credit memos for the Company including the Vendor Marketing Program, New Store allowances, Promotional billings, vendor rebates, employee travel and miscellaneous receivables.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer