Program Manager, Content Marketing
Posted Date: Sep-13-2017
Job ID: 8821
What's cool about this job
Contribute to REI’s success by managing the production of compelling, brand-appropriate content that aligns our content marketing strategy to business goals. As Content Marketing Program Manager, and reporting to the Content Marketing Manager, the role is accountable for content management, development, strategy and integration in support of marketing campaigns and paid/branded content partners. Partner with the social media, events, campaigns teams and external partners to identify and bring stories to life, on message, on time and on budget.
You have the ability to create a story out of a message and identify the approach to telling it – medium, voice, distribution and frequency – as well as resourcing it, managing budgets and internal and/or external production. You’re a key contributor to concept ideas that go to market on short timelines. You know how to handle the logistics, pre-production and post-production of a location shoot or event. You pay attention to best practices in the creative and advertising industries and are amped for the opportunity to bring your point-of-view to REI.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years of experience in content/inbound marketing, brand marketing or editorial management is required, with at least one year in managing branded content production preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, communications or journalism or equivalent work experience.
- Professional writing and editing capabilities; ability to create, curate, edit and align information to meet content needs. Familiarity with Associated Press (AP) style.
- Instinct for identifying newsworthy, shareworthy content opportunities that resonate with target customers.
- Proven success in developing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating results-oriented creative and/or editorial programs. Experience with both text and video concept development and production.
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated marketing processes and relationship needs by program and channel to effectively build cross-divisional alignment around content concepts and cadence.
- Experience managing and negotiating with internal partners, external vendors and freelancers.
- Understanding of the latest content strategy trends and technologies, including social media and SEO. Knowledge of mobile-first and responsive content development.
- Understanding of performance metrics and industry benchmarks by channel and format, and how concept and distribution tactics impact those benchmarks.
- Understanding of UX and content strategy methodologies to ensure content is created and structured for broad use and reuse.
- Writing creative briefs that outline the objectives, target audiences, key messaging points, etc.
- Championing new and existing content assets with marketing teams to ensure adoption and promotion.
- Drive and/or support new content format development, including podcasts.
- Consolidating information from various sources including customer insights, web analytics and feedback from vendors and stakeholders to reach sound decisions.
- Executing effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Building rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
Why you'll love it here
You get to blend a passion for the outdoors with your work. You like to talk gear. You like writing about it even more. You can smell a story in the air and know how to pitch it and chase it. You want to explore the story arc with creative partners. You like to work fast and move to a sprint when a reactive or late-breaking opportunity arises. You’ll sit within the broader integrated marketing team and collaborative daily with smart and energized teammates to create standout campaigns. Everyone is passionate about the work we do and the customers and Members we serve.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer