Posted Date: Jun- 2-2017
Job ID: 7378
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
The Program Manager, Mastercard contributes to REI’s success by driving member acquisition, sales and engagement through the REI Mastercard program. This ownership encompasses all program management from strategy to execution, including planning and managing individual program budgets, partnering within marketing and with cross-divisional partners to implement programs, conducting program optimization and analysis, program execution and managing tools development, third-party resources and partnerships. It also is responsible for developing the overarching program communication strategy and contact plan, and seeing that plan through to execution. Program facets include systems and infrastructure development, in-store and online experience, partnership with the VSDM, REI.com and Membership Services team, acquisition and retention initiatives, and future program innovation (e.g. new technology, improved customer experience, etc). This program drives multi-channel traffic and sales throughout the year, drives brand awareness, drives deeper member engagement and value, and maintains the connection between REI and REI’s members. This job aligns with strategic marketing growth area in order to acquire new customers and members to REI, deliver the REI brand promise, and drive sales and traffic. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
• Assist manager in defining program acquisition and retention strategy for REI Mastercard, to support REI’s business objective.
• Develop program components that support acquisition and retention of REI Mastercard cardholders
• Develop and manage program resources such as budget, vendors, partners, and agencies.
• Foster relationships and oversee deliverables with internal stakeholders and staff.
• Define and manage program execution process. Process definition includes clear descriptions of inputs, hand-offs between teams, outputs, and timelines. Process execution management involves day-to-day actions that feed the delivery of key success metrics (example: gift card revenue growth, increased redemption rates, etc).
• Develop and manage analytics needs and reporting of program performance data.
• Analyze program data and apply to program management.
Work collaboratively with REI's credit card issuer and network on portfolio management, developing customized reports and new and innovative program development initiatives.
• Define marketing strategy for REI Mastercard to support REI’s business objectives.
• Research trends, opportunities, threats, competitors and other factors that affect the REI Mastercard program.
• Collaborate with cross-divisional stakeholders, share membership/loyalty program knowledge/expertise to drive alignment and accountability.
• Works directly with manager to ensure that program is on strategy, on time and within budget.
• Maintain expertise in the co-brand field, including evaluating, building and maintaining relationships in the co-brand sector of retail marketing.
• Manages expense budgets of $1 mil+, including monthly working plan updates and year-end performance
· 5+ years experience in co-brand portfolio management, preferably within a multi-channel retail organization
· Experience in developing program plan and strategies in collaboration with cross-divisional partner teams
· Experience in developing marketing plans and strategies in collaboration with cross-divisional partner teams.
· Experience working with content and creative teams including design and copywriting functions.
· Demonstrated in-depth understanding of marketing and cross-divisional processes and relationship needs.
· Budget tracking experience required. Budget management experience preferred.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office business applications required.
· Bachelors’ degree in marketing or relevant field preferred.
· Retail experience strongly preferred.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer