Membership is a core part of REI’s value proposition and go-to-market strategy, as well as a foundational element of REI’s co-op corporate structure. REI member benefits include the 10% member dividend, access to exclusive products and events, members-only coupons, and special pricing on REI services. REI's long-term success is predicated on programs that add value to REI membership, in order to drive new REI member acquisition and support REI member engagement, retention, and loyalty.
From within REI's Marketing organization, you will drive the concept development, execution, and ongoing management of member programs, both individually and by developing and leveraging partnerships with internal REI teams and external REI vendors. You will also be a key contributor to member program strategy in collaboration with your manager, the Manager of Marketing Programs.
You'll get to:
• Define, develop, and manage membership program elements that support REI business goals for new member acquisition, and business goals for REI member retention, engagement, and loyalty. These elements could include program customer experience attributes (both online and in-store), systems and infrastructure development, and future program innovation (e.g. new member benefits)
• Act as a key contributor to member program strategy, in support of REI’s business objectives
• Develop and manage analytics needs and reporting of key success metrics and program performance data, and analyze that data to apply insights and improvements
• Define and manage program execution processes, including providing clear descriptions of inputs, outputs, and timelines, as well as day-to-day actions that support the delivery of program objectives and key success metrics
• Work collaboratively with REI internal teams and stakeholders to drive member program innovations, and share member program knowledge/expertise with internal teams to drive alignment and accountability
• Foster relationships and oversee deliverables with internal stakeholders and staff
• Facilitate creative briefs, project plans and become an ambassador for the membership brand across all channels
• Develop and manage member program resources such as budget, vendors, partners,
• Maintain expertise in the loyalty program marketing field by researching trends, opportunities, threats, competitors and other factors
• Plan and manage expense budgets of $1 mil+, including monthly working plan updates and year-end performance