Program Manager Operational Excellence Projects
Posted Date: Mar-24-2017
Job ID: 6569
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Executive Leadership
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by leading teams through complex problem-solving and cross-divisional business improvement initiatives. This position combines process improvement and project management discipline to build the capabilities and capacity of partner divisions. Through partnership with selected divisions, champions the use of Lean Six Sigma methodologies and tools and works collaboratively throughout the Co-op to identify opportunities for process improvement, assist with planning/prioritization, and coach and mentor individuals. The role leads specified projects with minimal guidance. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
The Program Manager reports to the Director of Operational Excellence on the Strategy & Insights team. Candidates should exhibit competence in process improvement, project management, group facilitation, problem-solving, and multi-stakeholder communications. This position should hold prior work experience in these areas, as well as Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification or equivalent.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Initiates, plans, manages and closes large cross-divisional projects utilizing Lean Six Sigma and project management approaches
- Leads project teams through problem definition, structured problem-solving, implementation planning, and change management
- Plans the project in detail; develops schedules and budgets, estimates resources and time required to complete the project
- Facilitates diverse stakeholders through complex problem-solving, including establishing and measuring current conditions, process mapping, documenting desired results, assessing gaps, and analyzing root causes
- Analyzes data and workflow to identify areas of opportunities and possible solutions.
- Facilitates decision-making sessions to develop and formalize process, policy and procedure improvements
- Supports process owners in developing and rolling out new processes and procedures
- Communicates and markets change recommendations to appropriate stakeholders
- Manages the progress of each project; communicates the project status to management and stakeholders (including executive leadership) on a regular basis
- Ensures that overall project documentation is completed, including charter, customer requirements, process maps, new standards/policies, and project status
- Supports timely and effective project delivery through management of project action items, issues and decisions, risks, meeting schedules, and deadlines
- Develops and maintains mechanisms to track project status of enterprise project portfolio
- Advises other divisions/teams as directed: Guide teams through project structuring, problem definition, issue identification and resolution development
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our 5.5 million members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer