Program Manager, Specialty Merchandising
Posted Date: Apr-17-2017
Job ID: 7339
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
What's cool about this job
The Specialty Merchandising Program Manager enables brand-right ecommerce by bringing to life robust merchandised experiences on REI.com that support high-level Digital, Merchandising, and Marketing priorities. This role represents Digital in cross-divisional strategies and defines how these strategies come to life on REI.com.
This role develops and drives execution of holistic digital strategies for projects that includes support for the enterprise marketing projects, merchandising strategic priorities, digital priorities, and alignment with key enterprise strategies.
You will develop a digital implementation of REI’s current and future enterprise strategic initiatives. The Specialty Merchandising Program Manager will be responsible for leading Digital-driven strategies and initiatives. This job contributes to REI’s success by supporting the planning and execution of our enterprise strategic plan, developing Digital initiative plans and supporting innovative digital concepts
Here's what you'll do:
- Create the Digital plan and execution strategy for enterprise, merchandising, digital, and marketing strategies as assigned
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses to provide leadership and key cross-divisional partners with digital insights about the strategies by leveraging market, industry, vendors, key competitors, and customer insights as key inputs
- Develop Digital-driven initiatives and manage through implementation
- Support and creates reports and presentations for leaders regarding key Digital strategic initiatives
- Work cross-divisionally with merchandising, marketing, and retail teams to share specific Digital strategies and plans, and coordination of enterprise strategy execution
- Identify and evaluate business development opportunities
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses as needed to support enterprise and divisional strategy development
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years’ experience in an online retailing environment
- 3+ years web analytics experience including a solid understanding of web metrics, testing methodology and optimization strategies
- 2+ years experience creating digital strategies to support marketing and merchandising invitatives
- Experience with web-based analytical tools such as: Omniture Site Catalyst or similar demand driven solution
- Experience using online search and merchandising solutions to execute online merchandising plans
- Previous experience in the outdoor gear marketplace and ability to capitalize on market trends a plus
- Understanding of merchandising buying process preferred
Why you'll love it here
Joining Digital Retail at REI means you get to work with a team of immensely passionate and talented people, who value the mission of our Co-op and strive to deliver excellence and innovation every day. Our mission is to digitally inspire and enable outdoor discovery by driving a holistic customer-centric experience through collaborative ingenuity as we bring to life the 21st century Digital flagship.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer