Purchasing System Analyst
Posted Date: Jun-14-2017
Job ID: 7975
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Finance
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by applying thorough hands-on knowledge of procure to pay systems to effectively support and enhance integrated solution. This position will have a deep understanding of SAP Ariba’s Buying and Invoicing (formerly P2P) solution serving as a subject matter expert. This role administers the system, evaluates and tests new functionality, creates documentation and training for users and performs other duties to ensure system and related processes are utilized effectively.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Provides day-to-day procurement systems user support for large, geographically dispersed end-user groups.
- Creates and maintains end user documentation providing communication and training as needed to user groups.
- Configures system functionality balancing REI business requirements, best practices and solution standards.
- Evaluates new requirements and analyzes new functionality to optimize the system and related processes.
- Partners with SAP Ariba and internal stakeholders to review and test software updates ensuring appropriate change protocols.
- Performs complex troubleshooting driving resolution through internal and external partners as needed.
- Design and deliver key performance indicator (KPI) metrics and other reporting as needed by the business.
- Creates and updates detailed documentation for administration of the procure-to-pay system.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) on projects with touch points to procure-to-pay software.
- Partner with IT and other stakeholders to ensure integrations points are managed optimally
- Stays abreast of procure-to-pay best practices and advocates for aligned system and procedure design.
- Drives process improvement leveraging lean Six Sigma methodology.
- Supports supplier and catalog enablement activities as well as supporting inquiries from supplier base.
Why you'll love it here
Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer