Receiving Specialist - Boston
Posted Date: Apr-21-2017
Job ID: 7485
Job Type: Part Time
Job Function: Retail Operations
What's cool about this job
Our Shipping and Receiving Specialists make sure merchandise is safely and properly received and shipped out. The role of the Shipping and Receiving Specialist focuses on executing store shipping/receiving/reverse logistics functions alone or as assigned by Store Management. Specific responsibilities include:
- Receives vendor and internal shipments according to REI policy and procedure
- Prices, organizes, evaluates or ships customer and product quality returns according to stated REI policies and procedures.
- Processes and tracks customer mail-outs, inventory transfers, vendor or quality returns in a timely and accurate fashion according to REI procedures.
- Uses effective 2-way communication between cross divisional partners and REI customers and staff
- Provides warehouse support, stocking or inventory functions as required
- Follows loss prevention and safety procedures as directed by store management
- Assumes responsibility for other functions as requested such as recycling, trash removal or simple maintenance tasks
- Assists with sale preparation or damage and dent sale set up as requested.
Bring your passion and expertise
You’re an effective communicator. You’re a master-mover of merchandise. You thrive in warehouse and shipping/receiving environments. Our Shipping and Receiving Specialists are dedicated to quality control and continually seek methods to improve processes and decrease defects. Here are some skills we think make for a great Shipping and Receiving Specialist:
- Ability to lift up to 24 pounds frequently
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, occasionally, with assistance
- Ability to safely operate power material handling equipment as necessary
- Basic computer skills which include the ability to create and save text documents and to create and send emails
- Previous experience in a warehouse, retail or shipping/receiving environment (preferred)
- Detail-orientation in performing accurate transactions
- Adherence to REI policies and procedures
- Self-motivated and multi-tasks with minimal supervision
- Proactively meets both internal and external customer needs.
- Effective work methods and consistently meets commitments
- Uses sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication skills-- clear, concise and positive.
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive benefit package for all employees which includes:
- A workplace built on respect, integrity, and balance
- Healthcare coverage for full-time employees
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- REI Retirement Plan
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer