Seasonal Contact Center Representative
Posted Date: Mar-10-2017
Job ID: 6910
Job Type: Part Time
Job Function: Call Center
What's cool about this job
As a key member of REI’s Sales and Customer Support team, Contact Center Reps provide excellent sales and service to our customers by answering calls, placing customer orders, and providing product information. These positions are the most common entry point into REI’s Contact Center. Do well in this position, and you'll be given preference when we hire for regular positions. Join our Sumner, WA team where you will find supportive leadership, committed staff, and an engaging work culture.
- We are currently hiring seasonal positions for Spring 2017 to work through the beginning of June.
- Contact Center hours M-F 5:00 AM - 10:00 PM, Sat/Sun 6:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Part-time schedules, normally 15-32 hours a week. Preferred candidates will be available to work up to 40 hours during peak time
- We look for open availability (including weekends), typically a 5 to 8 hour shift within a consistent 10 hour time block
THE INTERVIEW PROCESS:
- Apply for the role online.
- You will receive an invitation to complete a Video Interview after you apply. More information about our video interview is found below. If you are unable to complete a video interview, let us know. Once you successfully complete the Video Interview, you will be invited to a final round online simulation/skills assessment of your data entry, typing, and customer service skills.
- Interview process complete, you’re all done!
INFORMATION ABOUT VIDEO INTERVIEWING:
Your resume or application may not tell your whole story. This is your opportunity to tell us more about you beyond what’s on paper. You will have the opportunity to tell us about your passions, interests, why you want to work for REI…whatever it is that makes YOU, YOU! Here’s a preview of what to expect in a video interview: https://youtu.be/U-j3Ja8wTiA
Benefits of video interviewing:
- Only 15 minutes in length
- Accessible via smart phone, tablet, or computer with webcam
- Flexibility to interview on your own time!
- Opportunity to tell your story and why you are interested in REI
Bring your passion and expertise
- 6+ months sales and customer service experience
- Experience working in a
call center a plus
- Experience using computers and the Internet with an
aptitude for learning new systems
- Excellent keyboarding skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent spelling, grammar,
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business
need, including weekends
- An interest in outdoor activities as well as
learning about outdoor gear and apparel
- Proven ability to work in a team
- Excellent creative problem solving and negotiation skills
Why you'll love it here
REI is more than just a place to work. It’s also an attitude that says — everyone is welcome. REI employees are the heart of the co-op and the ultimate source of our success
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer