Senior Analyst, Customer Analytics
Posted Date: Sep- 2-2016
Job ID: 5099
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
What's cool about this job
Researches, analyzes and models customer data that will be used for marketing strategies to drive sales across all REI sales channels. Utilizes complex procedures to perform data mining on the REI customer data warehouse and prepares data to be visualized using Tableau, Alteryx, and/or SAS. Extracts data from various sources, designs and constructs complex analyses, and communicates results and recommendations to co-op executives and management. Possesses the ability to visualize complex insights into tangible stories that the co-op can execute strategies and tactics.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Strategic thinker that can independently engage in quantitative analysis on unique business problems, mine extensive 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data sources, and deliver actionable insights.
- Incredible comfort and skill communicating, written and verbal, with executive and management staff across marketing and the entire REI co-op.
- The ability to synthesize complex results and visualize the story very simply to both individual contributors and executives.
- Perform analysis to support marketing initiatives to drive revenue, optimize costs, and improve customer engagement.
- Proven ability to perform in-depth analysis and to report and present strategies and recommendations across the entire co-op.
- Experience in customer analytics required, including customer lifetime valuation, cohort techniques, and equivalent.
- Experience defining both customer and marketing metrics to best measure the performance of marketing campaigns and events.
- Ability to independently set project goals, establish priorities, and planning appropriately to meet and exceed expectations.
- Ability to collaborate across the Customer Insights team and the Co-op
- 5+ years experience in customer analytics, preferably with a multi-channel retailer.
- 3+ years experience in ecommerce.
- Prior work experience in data mining using Tableau/Alteryx/SAS and querying large amounts of data from data warehouses using SQL
- Excellent understanding of concepts, functionality, and advanced application of Tableau/Alteryx/SAS
- Proven ability to perform in-depth data analysis and to report and present strategies and recommendations to business units
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong written and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, economics, business, or math.
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
Why you'll love it here
Joining REI means you get to work with a team of immensely passionate and talented people, who value the mission of our Co-op and strive to deliver excellence and innovation every day. Our mission is to digitally inspire and enable outdoor discovery by driving a holistic customer-centric experience through collaborative ingenuity as we bring to life the 21st century Digital flagship.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 19 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer