Senior Business Analyst - IT
Posted Date: Jul-10-2017
Job ID: 7804
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
What's cool about this job
As the Senior Business Systems Analyst you'll ensure business needs and benefits are realized in technology solutions that support REI’s IT Infrastructure strategy. You’ll play a key role in our efforts to transform our IT infrastructure to include modernizing and automating our retail stores. You'll serve as a liaison between the retail business teams, IT application teams and IT infrastructure to ensure business needs and requirements are understood, valued, prioritized and communicated for the next generation technology deployed to our stores. Want to have strategic impact? As the Senior Business Systems Analyst, you'll advocate for your business partner to capture their strategy and ensure traceability between desired business outcomes and the solutions delivered. You will provide leadership on projects and programs to ensure they are implemented on time, on budget, and to specifications.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- Previous experience in IT infrastructure environment.
- Previous experience as a Business Analyst in support of large-scale implementation projects. Retail experience is a plus.
- IT project management capabilities is desired.
- Advanced knowledge of both business and systems processes.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and prioritize business needs.
- Demonstrated ability (ability to mentor) to collect, express and manage requirements (use cases, data modeling, process modeling, context diagrams, systems diagrams, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view.
- Strong knowledge of financial and business value analysis.
- Demonstrated experience with ITIL and Service management processes, principles and framework.
- Proven ability to operate as part of a collaborative team.
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaboration, communicate effectively across multiple constituencies, manage organizational change and engage stakeholders as part of a cross functional team.
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer