Senior Business Systems Analyst
Posted Date: Nov-21-2016
Job ID: 5689
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
What's cool about this job
At REI our core mission is to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship. Contribute to REI’s success in inspiring and educating by helping people discover and participate in classes and local events. Come build the software that powers our Outdoor Programs and Adventures systems! We are looking for a Software Engineer to design, develop and implement the next generation of features and functionality for these portions of REI’s website. You will get to work on a variety of projects with varying levels of complexity including: new site enhancements, application development, new technologies, coding for accessibility, performance optimization, and incident response. You'll collaborate in a dynamic environment with REI’s Interaction Designers, Information Architects, and various Software Engineers to create interactive features that deliver exceptional customer experiences. You will have the flexibility to grow your skills and explore new technical challenges on the journey towards making REI’s digital experience world class.
Bring your passion and expertise
As the Senior Business Systems Analyst you'll ensure business needs and benefits are realized in technology solutions that support REI’s IT Infrastructure strategy. You’ll play a key role in our efforts to transform our IT infrastructure to include modernizing and automating our data center environment and launching our endeavor into cloud services. You'll serve as a liaison between the IT application teams and IT infrastructure to ensure business needs and requirements are understood, valued, prioritized and communicated for the most complex, cross divisional programs.
Want to have strategic impact? As the Senior Business Systems Analyst, you'll provide leadership on projects and programs to ensure they are implemented on time, on budget, and to specifications.
• 5+ years of related work experience
• Previous cloud experience required
• Strong knowledge (ability to mentor) of financial and business value analysis required
• Previous experience as a Business Analyst in support of large-scale implementation projects in a multi-disciplinary, cross-divisional role
• Advanced knowledge (ability to mentor) of both business and systems processes.
• Demonstrated ability (ability to mentor) to identify and prioritize business needs.
• Demonstrated ability (ability to mentor) to collect, express and manage requirements (use cases, data modeling, process modeling, context diagrams, systems diagrams, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve conflict
• Demonstrated ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view
• Experience in IT infrastructure environment a plus
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 19 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer