Senior Color Technician
Posted Date: Aug-10-2017
Job ID: 8476
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by providing color correction and retouching to images that will be used in digital, store signage, collateral, advertising and other forms of published media. This position collaborates with the Marketing creative team to optimize REI imagery for all print work. This position requires strong business savvy skills, excellent communication and the ability to use critical thinking skills to problem-solve and mitigate business risk.
The ideal candidate for this position has strong experience working in RGB and CMYK, high-end retouching skills and high volume studio image processing, proven ability to inform and influence key partners on color related to various printing methods and experience in the commercial photography industry. This candidate will have a solid understanding of metadata and DAM systems.
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong business acumen and a proven ability to lead and influence others with a calm and neutral approach from peers to senior leaders. This candidate approaches projects with an entrepreneurial mind and an unwavering can-do attitude. This position leads and/or contributes to ongoing business process improvement efforts to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prepare and manipulation of product and location images & layouts
- Follows creative and technical direction from the Premedia QA Supervisor, Art Directors and Designers
- Secures and coordinates all relevant images for each project
- Works closely with the Premedia Supervisor and partners to develop workflows, tools, procedures and documentation that drive efficiency
- Responsible for maintaining schedules and load balancing jobs through prepress
- Assists in color management and maintaining accurate color representation throughout processes
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years of experience in a premedia/photography studio environment with an emphasis on image color correction, enhancement and retouching
- 3 years of experience with CMYK
- Experience and knowledge of print production include web and sheetfed offset, magazine, newsprint and digital printing
- Expert level skill set with Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop, InDesign and Lightroom
- Demonstrates high color acuity
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of inkjet proofing systems and color management software, ability to upgrade and manage proofing systems
- Shows ability to maintain digital libraries and databases in DAM systems
- Knowledge and experience in commercial photography and high-end digital camera equipment, software and file formats preferred
- Proven ability to take creative direction and produce desired results
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
Why you'll love it here
You will work with our amazing media team and help deliver high quality creative marketing materials that support the REI brand, tell our story, and enhance the customer experience through expert handling and enhancement of product images!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer