* Writes and edits copy that reflects the REI brand, the copy style guide, company strategy and project strategy.
* Has pior experience writing content in the Outdoor Industry and continually upgrades outdoor product knowledge and activity expertise, staying abreast of industry and content trends, as well as company strategies and initiatives.
* Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or English preferred
* 5-7 years experience in copywriting
* Proven ability to develop strong creative concepts
* Proven ability to write and edit effective marketing copy
* Proven attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Demonstrated understanding of outdoor activities and gear and the position of REI in those areas; demonstrated understanding of REI’s customer base and familiarity with REI’s product assortment
* Willingness to work flexible schedules to meet deadlines
* Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks and prioritize well
* Demonstrated initiative and innovation utilizing a proactive, team-oriented approach
* Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
* Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
* Seesk out new trends and incorporates them into the digital experiences effectively
* Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
* Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
* Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
* Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
* Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
* Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
* Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
* Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
* Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.