* Writes and edits copy that reflects the REI brand, the copy style guide, company strategy and project strategy.
* Continually upgrades outdoor product knowledge and activity expertise, and stays abreast of industry and content trends, as well as company strategies and initiatives.
* Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or English preferred
* 5-7 years experience in copywriting
* Proven ability to develop strong creative concepts
* Proven ability to write and edit effective marketing copy
* Proven attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Demonstrated understanding of outdoor activities and gear and the position of REI in those areas; demonstrated understanding of REI’s customer base and familiarity with REI’s product assortment
* Willingness to work flexible schedules to meet deadlines
* Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks and prioritize well
* Demonstrated initiative and innovation utilizing a proactive, team-oriented approach
* Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
* Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
* Seesk out new trends and incorporates them into the digital experiences effectively
* Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
* Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
* Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
* Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
* Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
* Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
* Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
* Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
* Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.