Senior Digital Merchandisers are experts for their activity/categories.
By leveraging a highly integrated partnership with the buying team and incorporating learnings from various data sources, the Senior Digital Merchandiser contributes to REI’s success by enhancing the customer shopping experience online through merchandising of product/content from their assigned categories that helps the customer make buying decisions for their outdoor experience. This person is responsible for driving product sales through well researched planning, in depth analysis of customer shopping behavior, and execution of product and content features online that create a natural shopping experience to facilitate conversion. The Senior Digital Merchandiser manages the Associate Digital Merchandising team. In addition, a Senior Digital Merchandiser serves as a leader and mentor for other Digital Merchandisers.
The Senior Digital Merchandiser drives incremental online-only product/category stories or campaigns from inception to implementation to help drive top-line sales for assigned categories. A Senior Digital Merchndiser is tasked with the Digital Retail representation for and successful launch of large enterprise-level projects. This role works closely with the key cross divisional teams within Digital Retail, Marketing, and Merchandising to ensure companywide strategies are executed in a way that supports a consistent customer experience at all touch points. The Senior Digital Merchandiser also stays current with the state of the competitive marketplace and trends in retailing and e-Commerce and communicates and uses that knowledge in their daily work.
Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
You'll get to:
• Provide coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
• Establish and maintain visibility within the department.
• Monitor operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
• Facilitate empowerment and growth of direct reports. Own performance management and progress review. Own coaching, development and regular feedback to team members.
• Apply knowledge of key eCommerce and merchandising business principles specific to achieving financial goals.
• Define, communicate and drive execution of digital activity/category seasonal plans.
• Partner with Production & Operations team to execute digital presentation of marketing campaigns including recap of performance success and forward looking recommendations to the business
• Execute strategies to achieve sales goals as well as analyze website metrics and optimize merchandising plan to drive sales
• Partner with Merchandising Project Manager and key stakeholders/support groups to drive execution of features and functionality necessary to support your strategic goals
• Analyze site performance, provide constructive input, and plan the incorporation of technology innovations into site features to enhance purchase conversion
• Develop, communicate and drive execution of annual Digital Activity/Category Merchandising plans.
• Plan, analyze and respond to changing business needs
• Partner with Merchandising colleagues to ensure product strategies are developed and executed that support the digital business.