Senior Digital Retail Project Manager
Posted Date: Sep-29-2017
Job ID: 8385
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
What's cool about this job
The Senior Digital Project Manager contributes to REI’s success by providing strong project leadership to drive the completion of large to extra-large complex digital projects for REI’s customers, our business, and our brand using a structured project management methodology.
Additionally, you will be a people leader, providing mentorship and supervision to a team of project managers and representing the Digital Production work stream at the program level for divisional planning.
The role requires a background in delivering digital projects with an ability to effectively understand and manage projects to completion (web site, mobile apps, etc.). The Senior Digital Project Manager shapes and leads a project by leveraging their ability to clarify the project scope and approach to delivery. They incorporate input from cross-capability UX, Design, Copy and tech resources to scope accurately. He/she leverages a deep understanding of the digital process and requirements to guide teams through projects and initiatives.
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong business acumen, a proven ability to lead and influence others, excellent oral and written communication and the ability to use critical thinking skills to proactively problem-solve, mitigate business risk and assure deliverables meet project timelines.
- Utilize project management best practices to manage multiple, simultaneous, large to extra-large scale, and high impact initiatives.
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities, lead medium process enhancements and contribute to ongoing business process improvement efforts to help streamline and standardize workflow, communication, and resource efficiencies utilizing relative process improvement techniques and methodologies.
- Develop and define team standards, tools, and best practices.
- Drive adoption of new processes
Bring your passion and expertise
- 10+ years of experience across some combination of the following:
- Project management
- Web Operations
- Web Content Management
- Web Producer
- Online user experience
- Online merchandising
- Online and/or direct marketing analytics
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Communications/Information Science, Business/Management Information Systems, or a related field
- You must have demonstrable prior experience as a people manager in a supervisory or career advising capacity beyond project management, and also demonstrate your passion for it!
- Project Management certifications preferred
- Expert understanding of eCommerce and retail processes with a proven track record of using technology to develop creative solutions for complex business objectives
- Expert knowledge of Content Management systems and automated workflows
- Extensive experience working within a work management tool for schedule building, housing project requirements, communications, and time tracking
- Extensive experience working with structured project management methodologies. Scrum, Agile, Waterfall, Lean, etc.
- Understanding of web technologies including Mobile Web and native iOS and/or Android apps
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6.5 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
Our Digital Production group is close-knit and familial. We hold ourselves to high standards and have a lot of fun along the way!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer