Senior HR Business Partner
Posted Date: Apr-19-2017
Job ID: 7282
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Human Resources
What's cool about this job
Demonstrates a combination of strong business acumen and significant Human Resource (HR) functional knowledge to guide the development of HR strategies required to drive client business success. Consultant to the business, build and execute strong integrated HR strategies and initiatives for assigned clients, as well as assist in development to support each customers unique business needs, culture and objectives. Responsible for implementation and integration of human resource solutions spanning all areas of Human Resources, as well as the evaluation of their impact on meeting strategic goals and objectives. Accountable for employment practice discipline including employee relations, risk mitigation, internal policy development and external employment practice compliance.
Bring your passion and expertise
Supports the HR leadership team with building and continuously improving the Human Resources Business Partner function to be aligned to and fully integrated with the unique requirements of each line-of-business within REI.
- Develop a high performing HR culture where team members can demonstrate their best abilities
Partner with leaders to drive business results by actively engaging in the development and execution of business strategies, across multiple divisions, by defining and aligning integrated HR strategies.
Assess organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing appropriate HR solutions
- Facilitate the development of business strategies in partnership with the Organizational Effectiveness team (i.e. vision, mission, value, objectives) to build organizational focus, efficiency, speed, and business results
- Serve as a strategic business advisor to leaders on key organizational and management issues
- Create and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent movement and retention, leveraging workforce analytics and insights when available
- Assist divisions in organizational design activities to streamline and implement new organization structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Assist in the development and implementation of change management strategies to support critical evolution of the business and achieve desired business results that are sustainable over time
- Coach business leaders on leadership behaviors and practices, employee communication, development and performance management strategies and tactics to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development
Develop collaborative partnerships with HR and functional partners.
- Develop partnerships with HR functional teams (e.g., Comp, Performance Effectiveness, Talent Acquisition) and other staff groups (e.g., Finance,
Public Affairs) to deliver integrated solutions to HR-related needs
- Proactively integrate HR functional partners into customer strategies and projects providing critical coaching and context to enable partners to make effective contributions
- Supports the implementation of company HR programs, procedures, policy and practice
- Maintain collaborative relationships within the organization to share and leverage best practices
- Five to ten years HR generalist experience
- In depth knowledge of the retail industry, and the outdoor specialty shop business
- An action orientation and the ability to quickly deliver quality results
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills including policy and creative writing, group presentation & individual coaching and counseling skills
- In-depth knowledge of employment law and company policies
- Relevant experience driving complex org design, talent and change strategies to effectively align the organization and talent to deliver on new business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop, drive and contribute to overall strategy and business plans in a rapidly developing/changing environment
- Strong knowledge and experience with HR Business Partner (generalist), Talent Acquisition/Planning, Learning and Development, Employee Relations, Organizational Development, Change Management, and Diversity & Inclusion functions
- Strong customer relationship management skills and demonstrated experience in developing consultative relationships with executive leaders, including the ability to influence decision makers to think strategically and critically
- Demonstrated ability to develop, monitor and respond to HR and company metrics
- Broad business and financial understanding and the ability to apply to human resource implications
- Demonstrated ability to take a broad view of the business and deliver HR solutions that balance customer and overall business needs
- Proven ability to make sound financial decisions as needed (e.g. overhead budget management)
- Proven experience building an effective, relevant HR team to deliver business solutions to clients; ability to lead virtually
- Models excellent judgment and demonstrates the courage to take smart risks that improve business performance
- Team player who quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with business leaders and partners
- Demonstrated ability to proactively embrace and drive positive, transformational change
- Training facilitation/presentation skills proficiency
- Establishes trust and inspires others.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer